New guy looking for ACR

Gustfront

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi,
I just thought I'd introduce myself and then start on my search. I live in Willis, Tx, and I've been a diehard BMW guy for quite a while (has a v-10 even ), but I have decided to get a Viper.

I have a funny story about wanting a viper. About 3 months ago, I went on a Saturday cruise in and around the Willis area with some fellow BMW owners.
About 20 of us were driving on some winding roads when I see this car in my mirror passing the guy's behind me. And I mean coming on fast. I have a 2010 M6 and it's pretty quick...or so I thought. There's alot of room between me and the car in front, so I put my foot in it. Well, this evil looking orange viper, with a huge wing goes flying by like I'm not even there,
passes the 3 cars in front of me too, then blasts around the corner and is gone. About 1/2 a minute later, another one (green this time) with a wing also, goes past. I looked at my girlfriend and said, "i'm getting one of those".

Now here I am. I looked online for pictures and found out that it's a 2007-2010 ACR but I have some questions that maybe some viper owners can answer.
1: I want an orange one with stripes, or a white one with black center and single red stripe.
2: I looked on ebay and auto trader and can't find any in the colors I want. There's a Orange one with black center, but they want like $98k for a 5 year old car. That's too much right?. Where's the best place to talk too.? I'm keeping my BMW, but I'm going to get one of these too.

Sorry for the long 1st post. I look forward to being an owner too.

Thanks
Wade

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome.

Sounds like you've been bitten :)

You're looking for a Gen IV ACR, 2008-2010. They're pretty desirable. If you're wanting a specific color combination, you may be looking for a while. Those combos in particular are more rare.

Good luck on the hunt.

OP
OP
G

Gustfront

Viper Owner
Reaction score
M6 is pretty slick but its a dog heavy luxo cruiser in comparison...

Yessir, that's why I wasn't comparing the two. My car is a great all day fast cruiser that will go upwards of 175+ in a straight line . Now I want a brutal fast toy to play with and embarrass my friends in the corners.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Wade, I own the green ACR that passed your group, and my buddy owns the orange and white stripe one. I would have been right behind him when he passed you, but I was waiting on a Corvette to catch back up to us! We had a good laugh about passing your group when we stopped later in the day, especially when you tried to put your foot in it. :) His orange and white stripe car is a 1 of 1, so you would have to recreate it if you wanted one (I don't think he would sell it). Good luck finding the car you are looking for, if you need any assistance let me know.

pdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fyi....there's a 2010 ACR black with silver center band and red stripe on ebay, 85k. it looks pretty clean and is in TX.

OP
OP
G

Gustfront

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Wade, I own the green ACR that passed your group, and my buddy owns the orange and white stripe one. I would have been right behind him when he passed you, but I was waiting on a Corvette to catch back up to us! We had a good laugh about passing your group when we stopped later in the day, especially when you tried to put your foot in it. :) His orange and white stripe car is a 1 of 1, so you would have to recreate it if you wanted one (I don't think he would sell it). Good luck finding the car you are looking for, if you need any assistance let me know.

Hi hou99gts,
Wow that's too funny. I hoped someone on here would be able to help. I was going to start going to the Coffee & Cars in Houston and hope to see that car, or at least see a viper. Hey your green car is awesome looking too , I just have that orange car stuck in my head.

Probably shouldn't talk about it here, but I just wanted to say that I did not know a car could go that fast around the corners on that road. I seriously had to be going a buck 40 and he just blew past, got by the others, and then his brake lights came on for a second just before the sweeping left turn and then gone. I think I had just finished the curve and then saw you coming too. It made a lasting impression for sure. lol. Look forward to maybe meeting ya'll and seeing your cars up close and stationary one day.

BTW, what is 1 of 1?. You mention it in your post. Is it a special edition or something?
Thanks again
Wade

OP
OP
G

Gustfront

Viper Owner
Reaction score
fyi....there's a 2010 ACR black with silver center band and red stripe on ebay, 85k. it looks pretty clean and is in TX.

Hey thanks for the tip. I saw that car and it looks pretty good. Just not the color I'm looking for unfortunately.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the tip. I saw that car and it looks pretty good. Just not the color I'm looking for unfortunately.

A 1 of 1 applies to any car that they only made one of in that color combo that year and model. Here is why that color is cool. I believe Jon added the red driver's stripe and when it comes off it is the color combo that currently owns the production car Nurburgring lap record. The red and black 2008 cars are a prior record holder. Big deal to some and not so much for others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgGyU4LIpiQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2mFEC2H0cY

OP
OP
G

Gustfront

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey v10enomous thanks for the video's. I kinda remember hearing something about that. Not really a fan of that color or the red one though

And I get it now. The other Houston guy said " His orange and white stripe car is a 1 of 1, so you would have to recreate it if you wanted one". And I just looked at that chart that was posted. Wow, not a lot of orange ACR's made.

Thanks

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi hou99gts,
Wow that's too funny. I hoped someone on here would be able to help. I was going to start going to the Coffee & Cars in Houston and hope to see that car, or at least see a viper. Hey your green car is awesome looking too , I just have that orange car stuck in my head.

Probably shouldn't talk about it here, but I just wanted to say that I did not know a car could go that fast around the corners on that road. I seriously had to be going a buck 40 and he just blew past, got by the others, and then his brake lights came on for a second just before the sweeping left turn and then gone. I think I had just finished the curve and then saw you coming too. It made a lasting impression for sure. lol. Look forward to maybe meeting ya'll and seeing your cars up close and stationary one day.

BTW, what is 1 of 1?. You mention it in your post. Is it a special edition or something?
Thanks again
Wade

We go to Coffee and Cars occasionally, but I will not be there Saturday. I know a few other Viper owners that will be there this weekend if you want to see some cars.

The ACR is probably the fastest production street car in the world around corners, it holds many track records at road courses, so we use a bit of that ability sometimes.... :)
You are welcome to stop by my house one day if you need some more knowledge on the car and to see one close up, I am not too far away from you in Cypress.

1 of 1 means that is the only one made in that color combo, so the only way to have one of that combo is to buy that car or create your own from another color combination. There are many 1 of 1 color combos out there due to the number of possibilites available and the low number of Vipers made.

Eric

OP
OP
G

Gustfront

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We go to Coffee and Cars occasionally, but I will not be there Saturday. I know a few other Viper owners that will be there this weekend if you want to see some cars.

The ACR is probably the fastest production street car in the world around corners, it holds many track records at road courses, so we use a bit of that ability sometimes.... :)
You are welcome to stop by my house one day if you need some more knowledge on the car and to see one close up, I am not too far away from you in Cypress.

1 of 1 means that is the only one made in that color combo, so the only way to have one of that combo is to buy that car or create your own from another color combination. There are many 1 of 1 color combos out there due to the number of possibilites available and the low number of Vipers made.

Eric

Thank you for the info and kind offer Eric.
Looks like 19 white with black center and red strip plus only 7 orange ones. While those others are nice, I only like the white or orange. Might be a wait then. Or, to be a glass half full kinda guy...24 cars to look for. :)

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a member with a solid orange ACR for sale, I believe. Suggest you do some research on here before you buy, these cars have some options and there are avail mods that can significantly impact the price.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shooter will listen to offers on his orange ACR, make him an offer he can't refuse...;)

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one I am thinking of is owned by a guy named Frank who races a Comp Coupe in the NE region and with NARRA. I don't know if he still has it or what his username here is, but search around for him and you will find him. Good luck.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shooter will listen to offers on his orange ACR, make him an offer he can't refuse...;)

You are a bad boy Jon, you know he isn't going to sell. Hey, you have an orange car, maybe Wade would like to buy yours instead, it has a V-10 and is faster than his M6.... :D

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one I am thinking of is owned by a guy named Frank who races a Comp Coupe in the NE region and with NARRA. I don't know if he still has it or what his username here is, but search around for him and you will find him. Good luck.

First name I thought of, too. FrankBarba is the user name and he has had a very, very low mile ********* available for sale for quite a while. May still have it. Good luck to the OP. More advice to the OP-- this thread would get a lot more exposure in the Gen3/4 Forum.

Bill

OP
OP
G

Gustfront

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First name I thought of, too. FrankBarba is the user name and he has had a very, very low mile ********* available for sale for quite a while. May still have it. Good luck to the OP. More advice to the OP-- this thread would get a lot more exposure in the Gen3/4 Forum.

Bill

Thank you for the advice Smog Dog. I read the forum and it said this area was for new people's questions so I figured this was the place. I don't think I am allowed or able to move it.
Whats a "********".? In your post you say " very low mile ********* available for sale".

Thanks everyone for answering my noob questions.

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"********" is a package you could get on the ACR.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0803_2009_dodge_viper_acr/viewall.html

F
rom Motor Trend:
The standard ACR is 40 pounds lighter than the regular Viper coupe. An optional "*********" pack saves an extra 40 pounds through the removal of the audio system, underhood silencer pad, trunk carpet, and tire inflator. The radio is replaced by a lightweight cover that can be configured to mount the lap timer that comes with the package. Hard-core, indeed.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats a "********".? In your post you say " very low mile ********* available for sale".

Thanks everyone for answering my noob questions.

No radio, speakers or trunk carpet. Might be a few other things. I'm sure someone will jump in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper