'13 Viper vs '11 CTS-V

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That video doesn't mean anything. In the first "go" you see the Viper tap it's brakes. Pretty lame video and truthfully you can mod just about any car to beat a Viper, all it takes is cash and then more cash. The end result being a car that's not reliable or has drivabillity issues. Kinda like my Gen II, it may very well be as quick or quicker than the Gen V, but it's no Gen V and I'm not dumb enough to boast that it's better.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow a prior gen owner whom "gets it." congrats you're in the minority though.

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That video doesn't mean anything. In the first "go" you see the Viper tap it's brakes. Pretty lame video and truthfully you can mod just about any car to beat a Viper, all it takes is cash and then more cash. The end result being a car that's not reliable or has drivabillity issues. Kinda like my Gen II, it may very well be as quick or quicker than the Gen V, but it's no Gen V and I'm not dumb enough to boast that it's better.

I would not say modding a car makes in "not Reliable", my 900 RWHP Gen 2 has been running for 2 yrs with out any problems. I also have a 2012 CTS-V with 700 rwhp that has been going for 16K miles with no problems. It all depends on if the build it done right in the first place.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a neat new feature on the gen5, when you stump the throttle the brake lights come on. What a fail.

Well, at least it's flattering that they're using the gen5 as the benchmark to fake being as fast as. And they didn't even kill anyone on that road with other cars all around them. Props for that. Not sure I can get anymore sarcasm in here but it deserves more.

Geesh.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"please remove"?
:rolaugh: I am sure if the Viper was smokin everything no one would be complaining.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the speed of the background cars, it does not look like this was a real race at all. It seemed pretty slow to me. But, assuming for argument sake that it was, the Cadillac is running about 630 RWHP per one of the posts on YouTube. The Caddy is heavier but, depending on the gearing and what gear both cars were in at the time of the go, the weight may not have made much difference at the speeds involved. As for posting the video, it is against Forum rules if it was a race. But, to me, the video seems like a mild acceleration run and if that in fact is all both cars can do, they are both dogs.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V Owner is on a local board. Car makes over 600rwhp and also has Nitrous (not sure if he sprayed). First race, the Viper took off and tapped the brakes since he thought the V wasn't ready, but the V stayed in it, and the Viper got back in. Doesn't matter how slow the other car is, once you break your momentum, you need a lot more room to make up the distance. Second race, the Viper mis-shifted and lost ground. Won't say those are great races, but that's it for now. Hopefully some more people get out there and have fun with these cars.

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kinda like my Gen II, it may very well be as quick or quicker than the Gen V, but it's no Gen V

Just faster... LOL

But seriously, you are spot on about them being two different cars. I love my '99 700 HP ACR at the track and the strip, but I SERIOUSLY like the V on the road and in town....

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a CTS-V for a about 14 mos, I loved it, drove the ass out of it, did Corsa and shifter and that was it to have plenty of fun & the fam loved it too. I just moved on because for a daily driver I wanted a vert option. If they did a V version in a vert with smae perf, I'd seriously consider it for the "other car", would be a great option to the Mercs Verts / AMGs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456