Retaining clip for master push rod.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I got about 2.5 miles of driving out of my GTS before it became undriveable again.

Under normal driving the clutch pedal suddenly falls the the floor. sigh....

luckily i'm on a road where I can just coast into a parking lot.. I get under there and see the push rod for the clutch hanging there. after some fiddling I figure out where it came from and snap it back on and carefully limp it back home.

so.... some of you guys know my clutch saga.. :D

I'm not sure where this clip came from, i'm assuming it's an aftermarket (non OEM) piece from when the shop repaired it. but it simply will not stay on the clutch pedal.

this is what I ordered from the dodge dealer: 04643448

You must be registered for see images

this is what came off.. the parts guy says it's different..

You must be registered for see images

thoughts??

Reaction score
Hello Jeffsss,

I see your problem. The clip you are posting is not for your car- even though it may be the part number listed by Chrysler.

I will provide you with the proper part number when I get to the shop tomorrow morning or later today. :drive:

Best regards,
Doug

OP
OP
J

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Doug.

I think I have the right part number now but I do appreciate if you'd double check

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went and got a new retaining clip. Looks exactly the same. Still looking for help

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Search: "birdcage"

and youll find about 15 threads on this issue.

OP
OP
J

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talked to chuck tator who is awesome by the way..

He believes they put a gen 1 master in there and mailed me a metal retaining clip.

Hope it works !!

OP
OP
J

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well holy ****. Went to the dodge dealership today. Bought a metal (brake) retaining clip as described by Doug levin. Trimmed down a birdcage bushing as described to me by chuck tator...snapped it in. Working viper!!!!!! I'm so happy right now.

I want to send personal thanks to Doug levin and chuck tator for talking with me and telling me what was needed... Those guys are a true asset to the viper community. Especially those with limited mechanical ability like me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456