The new SRT Viper

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at my local dealership a few days ago checking out the Gen 5 Viper in the show room. My first impression was that it wasn't **** enough. The Gen 2 Gts got it right....but even THAT had to be "adjusted" (lowered slightly, better brakes, larger nicer wheels etc.) If your gonna pay that much money for a Gen 5, you shouldn't have to upgrade ****t. Oh, and no cup holders please. They tried to take the design back to the bad *** Gen 2 roots, but all they did was create another "cream puff ". I have basically the same electronic interior in my new Dodge Durango. They should have made a bolder design with sharper edges, kept the interior Spartan, and fitted it with a brute *** 7-800 hp modifiable engine. All that and launch control....I would have gone into debt.

NastyGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
or...stick to your durango with he same electronics.

Be sure to join the other forum. Lots of info there :D;

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Four posts, joined this month.

Should be good.

Doesn't mean he hasn't been a die hard Viper fan. Hell, I've been a Viper fanatic since I was 10, but I didn't join this forum then. It's just his opinion. I for one like the base model Viper more than the GTS, but I also recognize that the interior bits on the base model are the exact same as the other Dodge models. It is the way it has always been for the Viper, so no difference for me there. If he is complaining about the costs, the only complaint for me is the costs of the options. They are by an order or magnitude too high in my opinion, but that's okay too. Still a great bang for the buck car. As long as complaints stay constructive (and yes, I know that is hard), they are a positive thing for the Viper. Ralph made the Gen based off complaints about previous Vipers. So those of you enjoying your Gen V, especially if it is your first Viper, you have nay-sayers like this to thank for it. Then, if things go well enough, we'll thank the nay-sayers on the Gen V for the Gen VI.

As for all the complaints about pricing, I'll reserve mine for early next year. Either there will be a bunch of Vipers sitting on lots (13's and 14's) or there won't be.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't mean he hasn't been a die hard Viper fan. Hell, I've been a Viper fanatic since I was 10, but I didn't join this forum then. It's just his opinion. I for one like the base model Viper more than the GTS, but I also recognize that the interior bits on the base model are the exact same as the other Dodge models. It is the way it has always been for the Viper, so no difference for me there. If he is complaining about the costs, the only complaint for me is the costs of the options. They are by an order or magnitude too high in my opinion, but that's okay too. Still a great bang for the buck car. As long as complaints stay constructive (and yes, I know that is hard), they are a positive thing for the Viper. Ralph made the Gen based off complaints about previous Vipers. So those of you enjoying your Gen V, especially if it is your first Viper, you have nay-sayers like this to thank for it. Then, if things go well enough, we'll thank the nay-sayers on the Gen V for the Gen VI.

As for all the complaints about pricing, I'll reserve mine for early next year. Either there will be a bunch of Vipers sitting on lots (13's and 14's) or there won't be.

Complaining about what the Gen V is, two years after it has been set in stone is as useful as complaining about what the Gen IV has. All we will see are minor tweaks now.

Seemingly everyone Is allowed to be passionate about the generation of car in their garage, but apparently not those with Gen Vs in their garage. Sure, the car has faults - but the SHOULD HAVE HAD 1046 HORSEPOWER crowd just is gargling rocks

No one seems to talk how the torque stomps everything out there.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand the complaint about the interior. Its gorgeous. Why would you not want that? SRT nailed the interior period. Im sure the hp equation will be addressed in the future to keep "pace" with the upcoming Vette competition.

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand the complaint about the interior. Its gorgeous. Why would you not want that? SRT nailed the interior period. Im sure the hp equation will be addressed in the future to keep "pace" with the upcoming Vette competition.
And the Gen V weighs less, so its WIN-WIN

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
U guys know I'm not great with all the electronic fancy features but I seem to have played with it a bit and found Power mode where you can see how much horsepower you are utilizing by the second on the dash as u accelerate...what a cool feature!! I'm keeping it right there!

as for looks had to pull into a gas station again to filler er up. Gets way more attention than my Lamborghini got no joke. Maybe because there were 300% more Gallardo's made this year than there were V's and the few hundred guys fortunate enough to call themselves owners have a special limited production handmade supercar.

But haters gonna hate.......:rolleyes:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many times you guys going to take the bait on these idiotic threads?
Ignore them!

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me start then,

Things I like about the 2013 Viper

1) over 200mph Top Speed
2) awesome exotic styling
3) exclusivity and low production numbers

Things I do not like about the 2013 Viper

1) price
2) limited room inside
3) small trunk space when food shopping and no bison burger holder,

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love the 2013 - amazing technology, amazing car. Don't have the desire for the debt at the moment, but HAVE MY RAFFLE TICKET BABY. Would LOVE to own a 2013 but will keep my older snake for now.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We Gen 5 owners need to quit eating the troll bait. No need to defend our purchase, since we already voted with our wallets.

I like my Gen 5 better than any Gen 2 I've seen.

You must be registered for see images attach

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We Gen 5 owners need to quit eating the troll bait. No need to defend our purchase, since we already voted with our wallets.

Don't you need others to vote with their wallets for your business first before you can cast that vote with your wallet? Or have you limited sales to owners of Gen 5 these days? I find your diplomatic skills most impressive, calling potential customers trolls and dissing older gens in the process. Most innovative strategy. :2tu:

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you need others to vote with their wallets for your business first before you can cast that vote with your wallet? Or have you limited sales to owners of Gen 5 these days? I find your diplomatic skills most impressive, calling potential customers trolls and dissing older gens in the process. Most innovative strategy. :2tu:

I agree with Mr. peterMJ.... calling anyone who is not an owner of a gen5 a troll is rude Mr. Two Balls.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't say anything negative about the Gen 2. I love all Vipers. But, that doesn't mean I can't like my Gen 5 better.

PeterMJ, if you think I can afford a pair of Vipers because of wheel sales, you are sadly mistaken. The wheel biz is a hobby of mine, I do it because I enjoy it. I'll do just fine if I never sell another set of wheels, ever.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't say anything negative about the Gen 2. I love all Vipers. But, that doesn't mean I can't like my Gen 5 better.

PeterMJ, if you think I can afford a pair of Vipers because of wheel sales, you are sadly mistaken. The wheel biz is a hobby of mine, I do it because I enjoy it. I'll do just fine if I never sell another set of wheels, ever.

you tell him Two Balls !!!

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You get a F- for creativity. I've had the same username on every forum since 1995. I've heard all the variations.

But, thanks for playing!

Have you ever heard MY variation ?

By the way...
Always a pleasure to read your posts. Good reading,and intelligent, informative and knowledgeable posts with no hidden anger management issues.

A refreshing change from so many others here.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

that stance is serious!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4