16th Annual Ronald BBQ & Potluck

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 16th Annual Ronald BBQ & Potluck is coming up this Saturday, August 24, 2013. Good weather is in the forecast, too!

NOTE NEW LOCATION: Barb and Paul’s new home is finally complete!!

Address:
2202 59th Ave NW
Olympia, WA 98502

Date: Saturday. August 24, 2013
Time: Approximately 1:00 p.m.

Provided: hamburgers, hot dogs, and chicken, condiments, paper plates, napkins and disposable silverware, sunshine and shade

Bring: Your favorite dish to share, camera, and Viper stories!

Convoy: As usual, we will have a convoy from the north to get things started.

Stop #1; Totem Lake Mall – departs at 11:15 a.m.
12601 120 Ave, Kirkland, WA 98034

Stop #2; Southcenter Mall @ Bahama Breeze – departs at 12:00 p.m.
15700 Southcenter Parkway, Tukwila, WA 98188

Stop #3; Fife truck scales southbound – departs at 12:30 p.m.
Technically Federal Way, just south of HWY 18 and across from Wild Waves

Arrival @ about 1 – 1:15 p.m.

Solo Driving Directions: From I-5 North OR I-5 South

Take exit 104 to merge onto Hwy 101 N/U.S.101 N
After 1.7 miles, take the Black Lake Blvd exit toward W Olympia
Drive 0.4 miles then keep right at the fork, follow signs for West Olympia and merge onto Black Lake Blvd SW
Drive 0.2 miles and turn LEFT onto Cooper Point Rd SW
Follow for 5.8 miles and turn RIGHT onto 59th Ave NW
The Ronald’s new home will be on the left (0.2 mi)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With deep sadness I report the death of Paul Ronald on 12/5/2013. Paul was a bit jealous of his brother Chris in Ohio, who had a Gen 1 Viper back in 1994. At 6'7", Paul was a tight fit, or a non-fit. I have some comical photos of his helmet, indeed his whole HEAD, 'above the rollbar' at some autocross events here! By long-standing appointment, Paul travelled to test-fit himself into my 1996 GTS back in June 1996. Then he bought one, and several more Vipers and Rams thru the years. As the Pac-NW club grew, Paul was the logical choice to head the WA club when it finally collected 25 Members and became a State club. He served his Region for many years. Paul and Barb hosted an annual BBQ at their home in Olympia, with owners from BC, WA, and OR attending. Their neighborhood was legendary once a year as it filled with both BBQ and Tire smoke. Paul was the first regional president of the WA club, then became a decade+ long national club director. His best-known and recognized work for the Club was as the head of the Bylaw committee since 2000, taking the club's bylaws from the Dodge Years, thru the Daimler and then Cerberus eras, then to Chrysler again. Paul was a principled stickler for openness, transparency, fairness, and oversight of bylaws thru 2010. After engineering parts for Boeing and Intel, Paul 'retired' to a job with Marine Fisheries in Puget Sound, helping to protect that resource. A long-time smoker, Paul was taken too soon by an esophageal cancer. His passion for Vipers never waned, although it was reduced to a whisper near the end. This week, Paul will "Sleep with the Fishes" as his family and the Neptune Society spread his ashes over the waters he loved. Please, those of you who knew Paul, please post a note. You may have seen him at most VOIs since 1997......his helmet was way above the bar, as was he. Gonna Miss You Paul