My 1995 Viper

OP
OP
P

pollard4286

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I have always wanted one of these cars ever since they came out. I just turned 30 years old, it took a little while but I finally got one. And man, much respect I have for this car.

OP
OP
P

pollard4286

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks and yes I'm from Ga. I'm in the Carrollton area. And thanks for the info on the safety tips. I have already learned this car will reach up and bite you if your not careful.

OP
OP
P

pollard4286

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the seats were already done when I bought it so sorry I don't know who done them. But they are one of my favorite things about the car.

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw a yellow RT10 yesterday....it was a Gen2 though. Looked stunning in that colour.

Nickel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats the best looking Gen 1 yellow that Ive seen. I think the seats look awesome. Nice color contrast.

OP
OP
P

pollard4286

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys. I am truly in love with this car. Been very happy with it so far.

aviatorone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool, i live in *******, and every first Sunday of each month (when its not raining)... we go to the Caffeine & Octane carshow in Alpharetta, exit 11 off 400, west side of 400.

if your free come show your car off. just gotta be there by 0700, it fills up Very Fast...and there will be a ton of high end cars onsite.... a Bugatti Veyron showed up 2 months ago

http://www.caffeineandoctane.com/

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! I also have a '95; fun cars indeed. How many miles? Time to check to see if your head gaskets were replaced. Mine had low miles, BUT the parts are still old and will fail. Here is the maintenance I've had to do so far on mine:

Head Gasket Replacement - the original ones are paper and your block will weep radiator fluid...if it hasn't happened now, it will happen soon.
Plugs and Plug Wires
(1) Stereo Amp
Fuel Filter (did this as a preventative measure)
O2 Sensors
Thermostat changed to a modern 180F - If your current one is stock, it doesn't open all the way till I think almost 200 degrees F. This causes a lousy hysteresis in your block cooling...it did mine at least.

Not sure how long you've had yours. Mine runs about 225 degrees F in the summer, which is fine, and the battery must remain on a tender or it will die in a matter of days. These GEN1 cars don't connect to an ODBII. You have to turn the key on and off three times (the third time remain on) to see the error codes.

Also remember to tighten your throttle linkage on top of the block from time to time. There are two and they are not mechanically linked.

Just some helpful advice to get you started!

OP
OP
P

pollard4286

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys and I will be at every event I can make with this car. And yes I have already got a new thermostat. That was the first thing I noticed once I drove the car in traffic with no air moving. Thanks for all the other pointers. I will use all the help I can get because trust me this is a brand new world for me. Thanks again!

aviatorone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you need a good Viper mechanic let me know? There is a good one between Alpharetta and ******* off 400, exit 12. Several guys in the Ga club use him. Very honest, doesn't charge an arm/leg, and knows his ****. He has done work on my '95 as well.