GTS Cover

DIY BBQ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have 3 smalls kids and would like to cover my car in the garage. What cover offers the best "ding and scratch" protection?

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the best deal would be the factory cover. I currently use the carcoon...a number of members here have it. take a took at it on ebay

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to know this also. I'm afraid minor dings and such are inevitable. I know i put a couple minor scratches on my fathers '90 ZR-1 when I was growing up...

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, you won't get any "dings" in the Viper, being made of composite material....

OP
OP
D

DIY BBQ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yes composite=no dings. I referred to how most companies refer to protection "scratch and ding protection" but back to the important stuff........ who makes the best cover?

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
be patient and get a used factory cover. as a matter of fact i can give you my friends number who is a complete slob with his car (2000 gts):omg: i bought two gts factory covers and sold him one and he still has not used it....he would be happy to sell you his. Its in great condition. There is NOTHING LIKE FACTORY COVER. It fits like a glove thick enough to sustain scratches and chips, waterproof. And it looks AWESOME.

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coverking.

They have a number of cover materials including a number of multilayer options

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too need a replacement but I want to stay away from the factory cover as it seems that mine is "breaking down" with age as the fibers are deteriorating, so when I pull the cover off the car looks "dusty".

I have had it professionally cleaned to see if it was dirt in the fibers and they said that they cleaned it twice and it is for sure the fibers.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too need a replacement but I want to stay away from the factory cover as it seems that mine is "breaking down" with age as the fibers are deteriorating, so when I pull the cover off the car looks "dusty".

I have had it professionally cleaned to see if it was dirt in the fibers and they said that they cleaned it twice and it is for sure the fibers.

mine did the same thing until i just stuck in to a commercial washer and drier. No problems after that as long as you cover your car when its just washed, not a dirty one. But if just do periodically you should be alright.

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch the heat setting of the dryer as I melted my first one that way, not pretty it was a sticky ball when I removed it and well it did not Help the dryer out much. Good thing that did happen was I was able to find a good condition blue one.

Patrick.

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier, I have the free-standing Carcoon "Veloce" and LOVE it. Has paid for itself over and over again. I have to do a full out wash about 2-3x a year, and I enter carshows regularly.

coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an extra GTS cover in the duffle bag if interested. It's been used some, but it's in great shape.
Was looking for $250 shipped. PM me if interested. :2tu:

Found these pics doing a quick search, but it's exactly like this:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach