IN/KY VCA..SPECIAL VIPER SERVICE SESSION #7..Tom Sessions...October 14-19, 2013 Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hello, All:

SPECIAL VIPER SERVICE SESSION #7 with Super Viper Tech Tom Sessions at Indy's Champion Dodge will take
place on October 14-19, 2013
....IF THERE IS SUFFICIENT INTEREST within our Club.

Historically, there has been considerable interest shown in this opportunity by our members, though some
still have a few questions that I'll try to answer below (again !!! )...along with some important changes:

#1 Tom will be here working as an official employee of Champion C-J-D-R. Therefore, ALL billing will go through the dealership's Service Department. Tom is NOT being hired by our Club.

#2 If parts need to be ordered, they can be ordered through the Parts Department. If the parts are not readily available, they can be installed on Tom's next visit.

#3 YES, there will be plenty of time slots available for Viper work during this SEVENTH SPECIAL
SESSION
. Please note that for THIS Session, ALL scheduling will need to go through IN/KY VCA Membership Coordinator BEFORE the time slots can be confirmed by Champion Dodge so that we can measure the level
of interest in this Service Session.

AFTER this "level of interest" has been gauged and deemed adequate, we will begin coordinating Viper Service with Champion's OWN Viper Tech, Mr. Gary Myers..a long time employee and highly respected technician.

#4 THIS IS NOT A CLUB "TECH SESSION" !!

#5. This
opportunity will later be opened to neighboring Regional VCA Members...then to ALL Viper owners. Last time we had several out-of-state owners bring their cars here for this high level Session!!

REMEMBER the dates: Monday (8:00 AM EDT), October 14 through Friday October, 2013 (6:00 PM EDT)

#7 As we are trying to accommodate as many owners as possible during this week long event, considerable pre-planning and REALISTIC scheduling are absolute necessities...especially if parts need to come
from outside vendors!!! The old "my Viper needs service" declaration will need
an expanded explanation!!
This is especially important foe Service Session #7 since we had to turn a few folks away during the last Session in April of this year.
PLEASE contact SteveFess with your service needs, repairs, upgrade/modification plans, and/or recalls so that we can help guide both the scheduling process and parts acquisition process in an efficient manner.

If your Viper needs a Recall or warranty work, I would suggest that you have your VIN
handy when you schedule your appointment.
If you need a "pre-session consultation", call me and I can try to arrange same with Mr. Sessions per telephone.

Special Viper detailing will also offered at Champion..more details later.

If you have
general questions, please contact ME ASAP !! [email protected]

Thanks for reading this,

Steve Fess, Membership Coordinator, VCA IN/KY Region, Inc.

"YOUR Viper Club working for YOU"

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: IN/KY VCA..SPECIAL VIPER SERVICE SESSION #7..Tom Sessions...October 14-19, 2013 I

Hello, All:

SPECIAL VIPER SERVICE SESSION #7 with Super Viper Tech Tom Sessions at Indy's Champion Dodge WILL take place on October 14-19, 2013.

Historically, there has been considerable interest shown in this opportunity by our members, though some still have a few questions that I'll try to answer below (again !!! )...along with some important changes:

#1 Tom will be here working as an official employee of Champion C-J-D-R. Therefore, ALL billing will go through the dealership's Service Department. Tom is NOT being hired by our Club.

#2 If parts need to be ordered, they can be ordered through the Parts Department. If the parts are not readily available, they can be installed on Tom's next visit.

#3 YES, there will be plenty of time slots available for Viper work during this SEVENTH SPECIAL SESSION. Please note that for THIS Session, ALL scheduling will need to go through IN/KY VCA Membership Cordinator...after which, you can book YOUR SLOT by scheduling the work for Tom during these "SPECIAL VIPER SERVICE SESSIONS" through Mr. Mike Robertson, Service Advisor, Champion C-J-D-R, 4505 WEST 96th St, Indianapolis, IN 46268 ( I-465 Exit 27 ). We will also begin coordinating Viper Service with Champion's OWN Viper Tech, Mr. Gary Myers..a long time employee and highly respected technician.

Map Link http://www.championcjd.com/info/map_directions_hours/map_directions_and_hours

Mike can be reached by calling Champion's general number (317) 872-6200 Extension 2005. Mike "KNOWS his stuff", and is a great friend and supporter of our Club!!

#4 THIS IS NOT A CLUB "TECH SESSION" !!

#5. This opportunity will SOON be opened to neighboring Regional VCA Members...then to ALL Viper owners. Last time we had several out-of-state owners bring their cars here for this high level Session!!

REMEMBER the dates: Monday (8:00 AM EDT), October 14 through Friday October, 2013 (6:00 PM EDT) .

#7 As we are trying to accommodate as many owners as possible during this week long event, considerable pre-planning and REALISTIC scheduling are absolute necessities...especially if parts need to come from outside vendors!!! The old "my Viper needs service" declaration will need an expanded explanation!! This is especially important for Service Session #7 since we had to turn a few folks away during the last Session in April of this year.

PLEASE contact Steve Fess with your service needs, repairs, upgrade/modification plans, and/or recalls so that we can help guide both the scheduling process and parts acquisition process in an efficient manner.

If your Viper needs a Recall or warranty work, I would suggest that you have your VIN handy when you schedule your appointment. If you need a "pre-session consultation", call me and I can try to arrange same with Mr. Sessions per telephone.

Special Viper detailing will also offered at Champion..more details later.

If you have general questions, please contact ME ASAP !! [email protected]

Thanks for reading this,

"YOUR Viper Club working for YOU"

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: IN/KY VCA..SPECIAL VIPER SERVICE SESSION #7..Tom Sessions...October 14-19, 2013 I

Slots are filling up. Call NOW for yours!!!!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

As we approach SPECIAL SERVICE SESSION #7 October 14-19, 2013), I have had MANY inquiries as to which fluids in a Viper are the most critical, realizing that a total fluid change can be a relatively expensive endeavor.This is a tough question!! I suspect that many folks will suggest different answers. I will start by saying that it is not the motor oil which seems to me to be the "sole fluid fixation" of many owners. Regular oil changes are good...BUT, do no fix/prevent many other issues. While I personally used to "over-change" the oil in our Vipers, I no longer do it to the same extent. My choice is personal, but well supported by oil multiple, sequential analyses...based of our own driving habits.

Of course, ALL fluids must be maintained on a regular basis, but my "critical" favorites tend to be overlooked REGULARLY by MANY owners. That said, here is a quick, short list of fluids that can cause considerable damage to Vipers if not changed on a TIME DEPENDENT schedule...not just miles driven. The reasoning behind my list is supported by both Viper Service Manuals (noting that some of the Service Manuals have errors of omission) and SAE scientific papers.

Brake fluid...The Service Manuals say every two years (on average...as not all years give clear recommendation...noting that the 2009 Service Manual CD says 18 months for brake fluid). Aside from water absorption by the fluid that can cause brake fade, corrosion can do major damage to the brakes!!

Clutch fluid..The Service Manuals say two years (on average...as not all years give clear recommendation...noting that the 2009 Service Manual CD says 36 months for clutch fluid). Aside from water absorption by the fluid that can cause clutch problems, corrosion can do major damage as well here!!

Above recommendations are "Schedule A"...easy driving, non-extreme conditions.

Here again, given our own personal relatively low utilization, storage conditions, and "easy driving" situation ...I usually change brake and clutch fluids every 3-4 years...using Mopar DOT 4 (DOT 3 was used through model year 1998) in both locations. High mileage usage, stop-and-go driving, and track use of your Viper will demand a more rigorous fluid change schedule.

Antifreeze/Coolant...Two answers here. Gen I and II Vipers came with the "3 year Formula" (green) while Gen III and IV Vipers came with "5 Year/ 100,000 Mile Formula" (red-orange). Given the metals in play in the system, and the possibility of corrosion occurring... the numbers on the coolant containers speak for themselves...change as stated on the label.

Make no mistake, many owners have had Tom Sessions change all of the fluids at the same time...and we have been happy with the pricing offered to us in this area by Champion C-J-D-R.

And, from Tom Sessions...an additional question/answer: "Have you ever heard what sounds like a moaning noise coming from the rear of your car while turning ( parking lot maneuvers )? If so you are due for a differential service."

If you opt to have what I am now calling "Time Dependent Fluids Service", that will also allow Mr. Sessions to lubricate all of the ball joints (12 on Gen I & II...8 on Gen III & IV) while the wheels are off in order for him to bleed the brakes. He will also give your Viper a general "look-over", and point out any impending problems discovered.

ONLY TWO WEEKS remain before Session #7 begins....reserve your slot ASAP !!

Questions??? Call me!!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Time is getting short since SPECIAL VIPER SERVICE SESSION #7 withTom Sessions starts in NINE more days...October 14-19, 2013. There are a FEW more service slots open, so if you are interested, please call Mike Robertson at Champion ASAP.

You snooze, you lose !!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

BUSY week last week...Tom Sessions worked continuously...finally left at 1:15 PM Saturday!!

Special THANKS are owed to Viper Tech Tom Sessions, Champion's Viper Tech Gary Myers, Champion's owner Fernando Falcon, Service Advisor Mike Robertson, Everyone in Parts, ALL of the Service Techs and support folks...AND the Viper owners who participated. Everyone pitched in to make this Session a huge SUCCESS !!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4