South florida road trip to the smoky mountains oct 12-oct 20

V1PERMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Viper Club,

I'm pleased to announce our annual Fall trip to the Smoky Mountains will be taking place this October 12th thru the 20th.

For those club members who have not participated in this road trip, I will try an explain a few details. The Fall season in the mountains is probably one of the most breathtaking sights you can experience. The colors are spectacular and the weather is nice and cool. Add to that the experience of driving your Viper on some of the best roads in the country and it's ridiculous ! You will have a smile on your face that won't go away. Our roads in South Florida rate a zero compared to the Smoky Mountain roads. Furthermore, we will be driving the World Famous "Tail of the Dragon" with 318 curves in only 11 miles as well as the gorgeous "Cherohala Skyway" that takes you up to an elevation of 6000 feet. We will also be driving the awesome “Foothills Parkway” that looks out over both “Cades Cove” in the Smoky Mountains as well as Knoxville Tennessee to the west. Another day we will be visiting the “Forbidden Caverns” and touring “roaring Fork” road just outside Gatlinburg. This is only a sampling of some of our drives. If you want to learn more of the areas I just mentioned, please Google search the names and you will be impressed and hopefully excited!

This trip is also a great time to relax and enjoy some real quality time with club members as we usually eat our meals together as a group and take a lot of pictures.

If your interested in attending, we need to reserve our accommodations ASAP as places to stay fill up very quick that time of year. In past years, we usually rent cabins for the week. You can get your own or share with another couple. Please contact me and I can explain in more detail. Cabins are actually just small houses but not rustic by any means.

Here is a proposed calendar of events for the week:

Saturday, October 12 - leave South Florida 9am for Savannah Georgia. Dinner and hotel in Savannah.

Sunday, October 13 - Savanna Georgia to Charleston, South Carolina for lunch. Charleston to Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. Check into Cabins and Group Dinner.

Monday, October 14 - thru Friday, October 18 - experience the awesome rides and drives in the mountains. Every day will be different and you can choose to attend all or spend some time just relaxing in the cool mountain air. Take a hike or play tourist for the day visiting famous "Gatlinburg" or "Dollywood" in Pigeon Forge.

Saturday, October 19 - After our goodby breakfast, head home through Atlanta with a stopover for the evening in south Georgia.

Sunday, October 20 - arrive in South Florida early evening.

If this sounds like something you would like to participate in, please contact me ASAP at [email protected] and I can answer your questions and hopefully add you to our list of attendees.

I promise you that you will NOT be disappointed.

Regards to all,

David