My 2013 GTS by Prefix...a work in progress (pics)

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefix is painting my car in the GTS-R ALMS paint scheme, except Viper Black and Adrenaline Red under clear coat over Bright White. The difficult part is the black hood 'swooshes', as the hood 'valleys' on the GTS-R are deeper and wider than the GTS. As such, Mark Throstle SRT Design Director (Mark did the ALMS cars), is personally involved with Prefix...he is the one in a pic below. The project will be fully documented to Prefix and Viper specs, including its status as a Prefix one of one.

Special shout out to the Viper Oracle, Bill Pemberton for making this happen between me and Prefix, and shepparding things along over 6+ months. The car is scheduled to be painted next week, and will be shipped to Tator's Garage (around the corner from me), for some prepping, trickle charger and Chuck's familiarization. Will send it back to Woodhouse MotorSports sometime in future for undertimined work.

As an aside, Prefix is a highly organized and professional operation. Nothing is a problem for them...they aim to please, and communicate exceptionally well. I arranged everything over the phone and email. They wanted me to visit plant to approve the layout and other extra's, but I decided to leave it all in their hands, thats how much I trust there judgment and skill.

You must be registered for see images attach

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome. Can't wait to see the end result. I toured Prefix when they first opened their new shop. Super clean facility and highly talented individuals. Do make the trip if you can, it will be fun [and might as well tour CAAP since you will be in the area :)]

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How great it it that Mark Trostle is helping out on a customers car! Cant wait to see the finished product. Keep us updated.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is awesome! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the final pics :2tu:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now THIS Gen V will really stand out from the rest when all done. Well done and cannot wait to see the final pics. Has to be pricey. Any graphics being done too?

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is going to be amazing, thanks for sharing, can't wait for updates.

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<Is it going to be red and black like your avatar?>>

It will be red and black over white, just like the GTS-R ALMS, which was blue and red over silver. My avatar is a memento from Prefix, which they call a "colored speed shape". It is very very cool indeed, the width of a plam and half as long...unfortunately you can't see the details in the pic. It is a solid piece of hefty urethane in Viper's likeness, with metal base plate and rubber groment feet The two stripes are the colors I selected for my paint scheme...not what the car will look like.

<<Do you have any sketches of what it will look like finished?!>>

No, never needed any. It will be exactly like the GTS-R ALMS car except the colors, no decals, and hood size .

Thanks for interest, I will post here any more pics I recieve from Prefix, prior to getting the car in hand. Will post more then with better lighting.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just loving this idea!!! That's going to be one bad ass Viper with a good story behind it. Looking forward to seeing it.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Roy,

Thanks for posting and I think everyone will enjoy you chronicling the finish. So happy Mark Trostle is assisting on this. Super quality guy and very , very passionate about the Gen V. Couldn't ask for a better gentleman to put his magic touch on the Snake!!

Last edited:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely great. Love that color scheme. Cant wait to see the final product.:2tu:

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agreed, and whats up stranger ?

Hey Plum, I miss the SRT10 board...lots of good scoop and banter...gonna take some time for the GEN V board to grow. BTW, I get a real kick out of you on the 'dark side' boards. Please dont tell me your avatar is actually you :))

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Plum, I miss the SRT10 board...lots of good scoop and banter...gonna take some time for the GEN V board to grow. BTW, I get a real kick out of you on the 'dark side' boards. Please dont tell me your avatar is actually you :))

Take you "STAR WARS dark side" banter some where else..... we are talking about Prefix here on this thread, not your silly childhood Star Wars babble

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sick project can wait to see it finished. Just the fact that Mark T. is involved in it says the car will be amazing :) keep us posted

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefix sent me today a powerpoint slide presentation with captioned photo's for my signoffl, and advised me that Mark Throstle of SRT gave his approval to the graphics layout yesterday. Painting begins next week. As with the ALMS cars, the mirrors will be red...interior is red with red belts. Other Prefix touches will be red engine X brace, Viper black GTS badges, tributes to Prefix and Woodhouse MotorSports.