Rebuilding my blue and white ACR

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in April I decided to go out for a 7 am Sunday morning cruise in my new to me ACR. It was nice out but only 39 degrees and later sapose to be in the 60s. I was going around a curve in the road only doing 40 and I spun out due to the cold temp with the Michelin pilot sport cup tires. The car did a 180 and slid sideways NASCAR style across the other lane going off the road sliding through someone yard and stoping as I brushed up against some pine trees. The car doesn't look that bad in all actuality but believe it or not it's $31,000 in damages. I was heart broken the car only has 1108 miles on it. So now the rebuilding begins. The car needs a new facia, both front fenders, passenger side head light, front and rear right wheels, tires, splitter, both canards, fuel door, ACR sticker, and a front emblem.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 229
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 198
OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few more pics from the day it happened. Car was packed with mud also

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 157

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a bummer to hear, yea gotta be careful in cold weather especially with sport cups! Some fresh Super Sports may not be a bad idea when you are done!

OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starting to take the car all apart and start the rebuild.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 105
OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More pics of the process

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 104
OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I needed a new head light support since its part of the inner fender well. The only way to get that part is to buy a whole new fender support. In order to replace the whole fender support is a big deal. So I figured what do I have to lose. I heated up the head light support with a heat gun and was able to peel it off of the fender support with no damage. So I ordered a new fender support and I'm hoping I'm able to heat up the part I need and peel it off and regular it to my existing fender support.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New fender support came and it was a success I was able to peel the head light support off. I attached it to my car with the same structure adhesive the factory used. Came out perfectly

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 99
OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New head light installed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 68

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually forget that. They are for a convertible. Its coming along. Good luck. Its a beautiful car.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking good. What is the adhesive that you used?

PS: Like the garage artwork.

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, You have some body work experience I see. Did your insurance cover the cost?

OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, You have some body work experience I see. Did your insurance cover the cost?

Iv just been around vipers forever. My dad is a viper tech and I grew up with them. I'm very particular so I know my car will be perfect again. Prefix will be doing the paint work. Yes my insurance covered it

OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old fuel door had a very small nick on it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New fuel door installed purchases from classifieds

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 of my wheels were packed with mud and due to the mud the powder coat finish was all scratched up but the aluminum on the wheel was absolutely perfect. I took all 4 wheels to a local powder coater and told him I wanted a high gloss black. I go back to pick up the wheels and the finish was absolutely horrible. They had orange peel and weren't very shinny. So I purchased 4 brand new sidewinders from mopar

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I have the side sills off I used brake cleaner to remove the black paint on the exhaust tips and got some metal polish and polished the factory tips.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 71
F

FrgMstr

Learned my lesson down in South Texas one morning when it was 21F. Thankfully the road was 6 lanes wide and I was not moving very fast at all. Scared the the ll out of me.

Looks like you know what you are doing. Thanks for the great documentation too. Keep it coming. Good luck with getting it perfect as that is what you are obviously shooting for.

OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Learned my lesson down in South Texas one morning when it was 21F. Thankfully the road was 6 lanes wide and I was not moving very fast at all. Scared the the ll out of me.

Looks like you know what you are doing. Thanks for the great documentation too. Keep it coming. Good luck with getting it perfect as that is what you are obviously shooting for.

I couldn't believe how bad the tire was in cold weather. Iv been driving vipers since I was 16 and you know got them sideways and was able to pull out of it but not the sports cups the car just took off and I had no control. Just missed a phone pole by a few feet I mean this could have been alot worse

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Wow, that's insane on the quote to fix it. I just had a similar incident around a corner where the back end broke loose and I just missed a sign post, but ended up clipping the fence post behind it. Luckly it was just a thin metal post for a barbwire fence. Either way it cost me a fender, bumper, and tail light. The front fascia is pretty scratched up on the lower side, but not broken and the trunk lid got a few deeper scratches from the barbwire. I wonder what the quote would have been to get it fixed professionally, but I didn't even both reporting it. I just bought the parts myself and ended up getting it fixed for around $3000. Would have been less if I could have gotten the right color replacement parts though. Haven't done anything about the fascia yet, but I figure this way if I scratch it on a curb it won't bother me as much, lol.

OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that's insane on the quote to fix it. I just had a similar incident around a corner where the back end broke loose and I just missed a sign post, but ended up clipping the fence post behind it. Luckly it was just a thin metal post for a barbwire fence. Either way it cost me a fender, bumper, and tail light. The front fascia is pretty scratched up on the lower side, but not broken and the trunk lid got a few deeper scratches from the barbwire. I wonder what the quote would have been to get it fixed professionally, but I didn't even both reporting it. I just bought the parts myself and ended up getting it fixed for around $3000. Would have been less if I could have gotten the right color replacement parts though. Haven't done anything about the fascia yet, but I figure this way if I scratch it on a curb it won't bother me as much, lol.

It took a while for the insurance to understand how much the ACR carbon fiber parts actually cost. There original estimate was $8000 I laughed and said that's just for the splitter right. They had to get some big wigs in on it and it took me 3 months to get paid but we settled on $31,000

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It took a while for the insurance to understand how much the ACR carbon fiber parts actually cost. There original estimate was $8000 I laughed and said that's just for the splitter right. They had to get some big wigs in on it and it took me 3 months to get paid but we settled on $31,000

Yeah I could imagine. As soon as that splitter gets damaged the price goes WAY up!.

-Tim

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a random dream I crunched the front passenger side of my bumper, headlight, splitter last night. I totally blame reading this thread. It was terrible, I was distraught!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have seen mine after I had a little mishap with a deer and did a merger with a rock mountainside a few weeks ago. It's a goner.... I've been having nightmares about that one ever since.