Gen 3 X-pipe exhaust, cheap solution to change for a loud one ?

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I got a gen 3 that came with X-Pipes :/ I am looking for the cheapest solution to get it to sound nice and loud lol. my gen1 came with magnaflow muffler. I liked the sound of it as it was very civil under 2000rpms and almost obnoxious after that. my buddy just got a Maserati, it sounds great, which really reminded me of a few vipers that I heard (not exactly sound of a Ferrari) but nice high frequency, high pitch, metallic sound, for a lack of better words. I don't feel like spending 1000s, but the X-PIPE has to go...
I know that there is 1000000 posts about exhaust systems, but I find it easier to ask again lol.
so if anyone has a budget solution it be great to hear about it.
thank you all

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a Gen $ and just did the exact exhaust as in the video. The total was about $500 parts and install and it sounds AWESOME!!! I have been stopped by about 5 people now that have told me how bad a$% my car sounds. I have only put about 30 miles on it. Here is the video I got the idea from. I am totally happy with the way my car sounds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX6NGEMl00o

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could remove the crossover section, and then get turnouts from the mufflers that dump to the sides. That would be a "cheap" solution.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Parts of America has the Mopar Performance Exhaust for just a bit over 500.00. It fits well and accomplishes what you want.

OP
OP

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could remove the crossover section, and then get turnouts from the mufflers that dump to the sides. That would be a "cheap" solution.

That's was my original idea :)

I have a Gen $ and just did the exact exhaust as in the video. The total was about $500 parts and install and it sounds AWESOME!!! I have been stopped by about 5 people now that have told me how bad a$% my car sounds. I have only put about 30 miles on it. Here is the video I got the idea from. I am totally happy with the way my car sounds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX6NGEMl00o
wonderful, Ill try to explore that option. thank u

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of gen 4 tips for 150 shipped will bolt right to you stock mufflers and you can remove crossover

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth