HPR track days in September

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same rap as the 'track days in June'

.....ZCCC on the 14th

.....CECA on the 28th

The September events are a little easier on the cars/drivers with the cooler weather.
Usually need a light jacket in the morning.

OP
OP
A

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from the ZCCC event.
Great weather, great group of people. -pretty wide mix of cars.

4 GT-R's.......but none of them in the fast run group, so I enjoyed not having to deal with those robot cars.

Ran on my last set of Kumho XS tires. (because of all the potential rain on the commute)
......ended up reverting back to my bad habits of drifting the hairpins for entertainment. -those tires are great for that.
Too bad they're discontinued in Viper sizes.

Only spun the car once. I'm out of practice driving like that, so I kinda expected I would lose it at least once.
No harm, only getting razzed in the paddock by my track buddies sucked.

Looking forward to going back in 2 weeks for CECA.
The weather will dictate what tires I will run.
-Then I will either drive clean, or dirty.

:D

OP
OP
A

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you referring to what may be in the Colo VCA schedule?

That is the CECA date, September 28th at HPR.

Viper club is part of CECA.

CECA is not really an 'open track day'. It is a organized club event "open to all makes of cars".

HPR and PMP have open track days every week -pretty much whenever the tracks aren't rented out by a club.
I try to do as many open days as I can at PMP.....money and schedule permitting.

OP
OP
A

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from the CECA event.
Rained all night in Byers Friday. Had ice all over the car in the morning, lucky that the doors opened.
Saturday ended up being a fairly warm day with lots of sunshine and no wind. -great day.

On street tires for this one, went back to my old drifting habits of the past. Corner workers were calling the event steward on the radio to ask if they should black flag me for being "out of control".
Nobody was too concerned about it as they have seen me drive like that a lot before.

Never spun the car or wacked any weeds.

My icing on the cake for the day was during my last session. I got lucky and had a 'you tube worthy moment'. The corner worker that was watching actually stood up and applauded as I drove by his corner station.
Smooth, killer, tire smoking drift.
I don't know how those formula drift guys like Tanner Foust do that so consistently. -lost of expensive practice I guess.
I get a decent one about 1 out of 5. A video worthy drift about 1 out of 100 it feels like.
I don't have any video,.... but at least the corner worker saw it.

Will be running race rubber at the next event, and back to clean driving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper