Thank you to all who directly or indirectly exposed the vca

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't repeat anything discussed the past few days as all of you know all the issues.

But, on behalf of some of us members I would like to thank several people:

1. The person who leaked the Chrysler letter letting us know there were serious issues between SRT and VCA.

2. ACRucrazy for posting the letter Tolleson wrote to the FIAT Chairman. Someone else probably disclosed that letter; but
at my request ACRucrazy resposted it it for those of us who had never heard of it or much less seen it.

3. To former board members and national officers who are now telling us members how the VCA leadership has been operating
the past few years.

4. To senior members like Janni who have offered their insights the past week.

5. To Bobpantax for shedding light on some things; (yes, I'm even thanking Bob) although we weren't sure if he was playing devil's
advocate or defending the officers and board at times.

6. Viper Alley for posting what we weren't allowed to see on the VCA forum.

7. And finally to JonB for calling the member's employer which got some of this all rolling. (No doubt, JonB shouldn't have done that and I'm not defending
what he did; just the fact his actions and the VCA's response surfaced a lot of things).

Now as to what happens?

Dozens of members and even sponsors have already decided they will send no more money to the VCA.

Some of us are still waiting for the *** members and national officers who weren't responsible for any of this to stand up and do the right thing.

And when it is all over, regardless of what actions are taken or not taken, it's all about the best high performance bad ass car ever made.

Last edited:

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, let's thank everyone who will let life go on, forgive and forget...

I stay out of politics as much as possible, but at this point in my life I've seen similar situations happen all the time, and I've been in the middle of them a few times. What probably happened is that people got over-invested in something, it became more than just a hobby, it got personal, and when things get personal - people do things that they wouldn't otherwise do.

At this point, I'll bet that there are a lot of people who just want this to be over with and get on with life. We all do stupid stuff, and we've all had stupid stuff done to us. When things start falling into the "life is too short" category, it's just not worth putting any more energy into it - it's time to just try and right whatever wrongs were done, move on and learn from it.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, let's thank everyone who will let life go on, forgive and forget...

I stay out of politics as much as possible, but at this point in my life I've seen similar situations happen all the time, and I've been in the middle of them a few times. What probably happened is that people got over-invested in something, it became more than just a hobby, it got personal, and when things get personal - people do things that they wouldn't otherwise do.

At this point, I'll bet that there are a lot of people who just want this to be over with and get on with life. We all do stupid stuff, and we've all had stupid stuff done to us. When things start falling into the "life is too short" category, it's just not worth putting any more energy into it - it's time to just try and right whatever wrongs were done, move on and learn from it.

i agree with most of your observation, and if this is true:

......that there are a lot of people who just want this to be over with and get on with life......

they should do the HONORABLE thing and RESIGN forthwith

since they haven't, it shows they don't "just want this to be over with and get on with life"

where is the honor?????? there is no honor......only shame!

zoomzoom22

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact they haven't resigned yet makes it obvious to me it wasn't operating as it should have otherwise wouldn't be a big deal to resign.

The further facts that show the clubs finances have not been disclosed and people are fighting resigning or being removed REALLY shows there are significant problems.

I for one think they won't step down because after they are gone people will really disclose what has been going on.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jalopnik is acting like a parasitic troll feeding on our difficulties. But that is what journalists do in this type of situation. They did not create "the news". They just thrive off of it regardless of who or how much it hurts. I hope the VCA survives and I think that it will survive. I believe that the internal problems can be fixed and the relationship with Chrysler restored. I also believe that Chrysler would very much like to see the problems fixed and the relationship restored. Maurice, the National Secretary and a Board member, among others, is a good friend of Chrysler and SRT. Think whatever you wish about the 15 people who constitute the National Board and the other leaders local and otherwise. But I believe that each and every one of them, regardless of whether we agree with their views, and regardless of whether they agree with each other, cares a great deal about the Viper and the club.

Last edited:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I also hope the club survives and succeeds - as long as there is a house cleaning, removal of the Marshall's from any association with the VCA, a rewrite of the bylaws, and a return to a FUN club of the best vehicle in the world.

virginiavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heck I can't even change my avatar to chris Marshall counting money from a cash register at a VOI event....they removed my ability to have a personalized avatar. guess they don't like that.

virginiavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that must be relatively new. cause me and another both changed ours over here and I wasn't a member....it was promptly removed and the right revoked. his was too, and he was and still is a member. but if that is the case, that is another ******** rule that should be immediately removed. seriously? ooooo I get an avatar WEEEEEEEE... I couldn't honestly call that a benefit with a straight face.

Last edited:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correction

The letter writer was WOLLESON, not Tolleson. Mr Tolleson is a respected Georgia member and past pres, I believe.

Mr. WOLLESON is a former Director residing in Kansas.

OP
OP
johniew398

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correction

The letter writer was WOLLESON, not Tolleson. Mr Tolleson is a respected Georgia member and past pres, I believe.

Mr. WOLLESON is a former Director residing in Kansas.

Yes, my mistake. Here's the salutation on that letter:

Best regards,

Tim Wollesen

It was VPA landlord Tim WOLLESON who wrote to Sergio and attacked Ralph as a VCA *** MEMBER

I would change it but can longer edit the original post.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is another thing I can't stand about this website, you can't edit your own posts after 24 hrs or so. That alone prevents me from starting threads or posting some pics. I may want to have a main thread started where all the info is in the first post. Or I may want to share some of my personal pics but one day remove them or change them to current status of the car. I hope I see that change.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those crazy journalists! They should all be shot. :crazy2: You are right Bob, the journos are the bad guys in this situation.

Clearly there are a lot of bad guys in this situation, but your comment is probably closer to reality than you intended.. the line between blogger and journalist is blurring more every day. The types who write stuff like that Jalopnik article are a joke, don't bother to do their basic background research to confirm what they hear from "sources" even when a 10th grader could identify the bias in the "sources."

Of course there is a meaningful role for whistle-blowers and muckrakers in media.. but every jacka$$ with a keyboard that thinks he's going to uncover the next Watergate without doing a LOT of work is just a blogger. A real journalist would know better, and it would show in the finished product. We need to be even more discerning as readers to wade through the amateur-fest.

That said, I'd thank anyone and everyone who finds and shares the primary sources (in this case, the actual letters between the concerned parties) and thank everyone who takes the time to analyze them honestly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62