EGR Valve off/on status??'

SRT101969

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, trying to do my first custom tune with SCT + PRP + INNOVATE O2 WB sensors data logger. How do you know EGR is ON/OFF STATUS in order to modify cells?
As far as I collected info, modify cells USING WIDEBAND AS DATALOGGER in this order:
1. With engine at idle.
2. Crusing, light throttle.
3. Moderate throttle.
4. WOT, from 1500 to 6000rpms 3rd gear (if AFR above 12.5 stop!).

So again, How do I know which EGR OFF or ON cells to modify in each of above 4 scenarios?

OP
OP
S

SRT101969

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The duty cycle purge solenoid has nothing to do with Exhaust Gas Recirculation-- it's job is to take fumes from the fuel system that collect in the charcoal cannister and 'purge' the canister of fumes by letting them get drawn into the engine. I suppose the tuning map could compensate for the solenoid on Vs. off state, but it would be a small compensation. Does anyone know what operating conditions open the purge valve?

OP
OP
S

SRT101969

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a SCT PRP software window. There are two tables with cells in order to add or substract fuel: EGR OFF and EGR ON, this pic displays EGR OFF table. After reading Steve as Sonoman posts:2tu:, there's NO EGR valve. So I am going to do some testing in order to find out which table is the one to consider for tuning my car.
So my first asumption there was an EGR valve is WRONG.:omg:
Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach