another founding member suspended!?

balance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear fellow VCA Region Presidents,

As your national secretary, I wish to communicate some actions that have just occurred in the last couple of hours. You may wish to pass this along to your members as well.

As we had announced, the Board of Directors had reached an agreement with Lee Stubberfield to resign as president, and give us his letter of resignation by the end of last week. He asked for some additional time to write the letter over the weekend, which we agreed to. However, Mr. Stubberfield has chosen to not honor the agreement and instead, has taken some aggressive actions.

This morning, Mr. Stubberfield has sent out the following announcements:

o Suspended SW Zone Director Jim Johnson as a member of VCA for "disruptive conduct" (for leaking the Chrysler letter, though no proof has been shown that he did)

o Assigned Ron Kooser as replacement SW Zone Director

o Suspended our national VP, Randall Arnold as a member of VCA, for disruptive conduct (for attempting to "seize power")

o Appointed national Treasurer, Dan Everts, as replacement Vice President

o Assigned presidential powers to Dan Everts (although it appears Mr. Stubberfield has not stepped down from office)

o Suspended national Secretary, (Maurice Liang) as a member of VCA for "unauthorized and disruptive conduct".

There may be more announcements coming, but since I have been suspended, I will not be able to communicate them to you.

I regret that our once proud club has deteriorated to this level. I fail to see how the above actions will help us restore trust from you and our members in the national office, or with Chrysler/SRT. I can tell you that the Board of Directors was united and working together the past couple of weeks with those goals in mind.

Whether you support or disagree with these actions, it's time to take action and express your views to the club's new leadership. It IS supposed to be YOUR club.

Maurice Liang

Founding President

Viper Club of America

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, unbelievable! I am glad the Chrysler letter came out, however that happened as it should have never been kept hidden to begin with. As to suspensions of Maurice who I have never met and Randall who I know very well, unfathomable. For every action there is a reaction and I suspect these latest moves will backfire. Clearly the VCA is running, no limping on one or two cylinders. It is now time for the silent majority to speak up. The events of the past few weeks are disturbing to say the least.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so basically VCA is crumbling and the one major benefit of the club(relationship with SRT) appears to be close to dead, if not already. It is what it is. My question is how do we go forward from this? With the amount of members that appear to be against the current regime, it seems like it shouldn't be hard for all of them to band together and form a new rebranded VCA which can get back to its roots and hopefully salvage a relationship with SRT.

At the very least I hope this region can remain a club and continue to host great events for us all to share our passion for the Viper. From my short time in the club it appears like we have a really great regional president, and a lot of great members. I don't have a hell of a lot of time on my hands, but I would be glad to do what I can if any volunteer help is needed to keep this region a float in one form or another.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not a car club anymore....

As your national secretary, I wish to communicate some actions that have just occurred in the last couple of hours. You may wish to pass this along to your members as well.

As we had announced, the Board of Directors had reached an agreement with Lee Stubberfield to resign as president, and give us his letter of resignation by the end of last week. He asked for some additional time to write the letter over the weekend, which we agreed to. However, Mr. Stubberfield has chosen to not honor the agreement and instead, has taken some aggressive actions.

This morning, Mr. Stubberfield has sent out the following announcements:

o Suspended SW Zone Director Jim Johnson as a member of VCA for "disruptive conduct" (for leaking the Chrysler letter, though no proof has been shown that he did)

o Assigned Ron Kooser as replacement SW Zone Director

o Suspended our national VP, Randall Arnold as a member of VCA, for disruptive conduct (for attempting to "seize power")

o Appointed national Treasurer, Dan Everts, as replacement Vice President

o Assigned presidential powers to Dan Everts (although it appears Mr. Stubberfield has not stepped down from office)

o Suspended national Secretary, (Maurice Liang) as a member of VCA for "unauthorized and disruptive conduct".

There may be more announcements coming, but since I have been suspended, I will not be able to communicate them to you.

I regret that our once proud club has deteriorated to this level. I fail to see how the above actions will help us restore trust from you and our members in the national office, or with Chrysler/SRT. I can tell you that the Board of Directors was united and working together the past couple of weeks with those goals in mind.

Whether you support or disagree with these actions, it's time to take action and express your views to the club's new leadership. It IS supposed to be YOUR club.

Maurice Liang

Founding President

Viper Club of America[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The actions of the current national *** over the last few days baffling and inexcusable. I cannot believe manner in which founding members of the VCA are being treated. It sickens me. I say this knowing full well that I will likely have my account locked or I may be banned, whatever.
I've been on your Regional *** for years, and have enjoyed it greatly. What's happening now is not enjoyable. I have always been an enthusiast first and a club member second, I can not be both with the current politicizing going on at the top.
This could be my last post so I want to make it clear that being involved with the club to this point has been a great experience for me as a member and a regional director. By and large the stuff at national has had little effect on me personally...until recently. Members in our region have started to see me as "one of them", not accurate in the least and I won't stand for it.

Now, who wants to go for a drive?

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The actions of the current national *** over the last few days baffling and inexcusable. I cannot believe manner in which founding members of the VCA are being treated. It sickens me. I say this knowing full well that I will likely have my account locked or I may be banned, whatever.
I've been on your Regional *** for years, and have enjoyed it greatly. What's happening now is not enjoyable. I have always been an enthusiast first and a club member second, I can not be both with the current politicizing going on at the top.
This could be my last post so I want to make it clear that being involved with the club to this point has been a great experience for me as a member and a regional director. By and large the stuff at national has had little effect on me personally...until recently. Members in our region have started to see me as "one of them", not accurate in the least and I won't stand for it.

Now, who wants to go for a drive?

Is this your opinion after reading the most current email that went out? Looks like they basically re-instated everyone that Lee punted before he steeped down. Am I being naive in thinking that there seems to be a genuine attempt to turn things around with the new management that is in play?

Baked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what is this supposed to mean?
"Dan sent the email to Maurice because a written statement received from our club’s
attorney, Bill Corum stated, “it is unclear to me whether he (Maurice) was properly removed from
the *** by the actions of yesterday”. We, as a Board of Directors, recognized that we must now
consider that Maurice was not properly removed, has been and is still a current officer in the
VCA."

Instead of it being worded to sound like they want to reinstate Maurice because they realized his suspension was a mistake, it reads that they believe he was improperly removed and therefore they have no choice but to reinstate him. So is this the case?

Also why is CS not removed from the VPA? If he was involved in the letters to Chrysler and the issues with SRT, the only way to get that back on track would be to remove him.

And my last complaint, why do I have to go to other forums to get the information about what is happening with the VCA? Shouldn't this information be on this site?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets