Need help, trying to follow ilustrated 'How To'

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to work out the final part of the wiring installing a S2000 engine start button.

Here's the link to the original post :

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/620053-How-to-S2000-start-button-install-For-Gen-1-and-2

I've done all the connections to the relay and also connected the wires to the terminal under the steering Colum, but in order to make the whole thing 'live' (and this is the important bit that I do not want to get wrong), BOTTLEFED states in part 10, " The 12V supply is just any hot source for power when the ignition is switched to ON. You can tap into one of the fuses under the dash"

My question is, What is the best way to do this, what Fuse / Wire should I tap into?

Does anyone have any experience in removing the lower fuse board in order to tap into a wire at the reverse of it?

The Illustrated guide is really good, but it just seems to skip this very important bit!

Thanks.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the best way to do this, what Fuse / Wire should I tap into?

Does anyone have any experience in removing the lower fuse board in order to tap into a wire at the reverse of it?
To power my shift light, I went the easy route. I just removed one of the fuses and inserted a fuse taphttp://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...e&utm_campaign=enhancedrm&utm_content=5170038 in its place, and put the existing fuse into the fuse tap along with the new fuse and circuit. Certainly not as clean a look; but, oh so much simpler. I used the radio fuse slot.

NOTE: Changed link to ATM=mini fuse , fuse tap

Last edited:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I've never seen those before! Is that a regular size fuse? the fuses under the dash are small type.
Sorry, I did not pay attention to size when I chose the link; but, the right sized one is commonly stocked in my local parts store. If you need a little more specific part #, I can look into it. (Its best to just stop by and see in person, if you can.)

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just changed/corrected the link in my original post to link to the fuse tap for the ATM, mini fuse. As FB indicated, the under dash fuse panel is the mini size not the regular size

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark call me!!!!!!!

I have a bunch of those fuse taps here so don't cut any wires yet....

Baz