Thread: RB1 Navigation Radio

Reply to Thread
    Enthusiast

Default RB1 Navigation Radio

I recently purchased an RB1 radio for my 2005 SRT-10. No problems with the installation and everything works perfectly except for one small issue. The radio apparently came out of a Jeep because the splash screen shows the Jeep logo when you turn the radio on. Is there a way I can program the radio so it shows the Dodge logo? Apparently the radio doesn't pick up the vehicle type on the communication bus like it does on the newer cars. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Viper Owner

I had an issue with the connector on my body control module around 8000km.
    Until the problem was found, my stock RB1 when powered would come up with jeep logo.
    Once the issue was found, and the connector was reconnected, next time ignition was turned on it displayed the proper logo.
    Since it's been installed have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery with a known good charge?

Enthusiast

Default Re: RB1 Navigation Radio

Hi Drew,
    I finally tried that and the radio still pops up with the Jeep logo. A mechanic/technician at my local Dodge dealership said I need to find a Dodge vehicle of the proper vintage to put the radio in so it will communicate through the bus to pick up the proper logo signal. I can then put it back in the Viper and it will retain the logo information. Apparently the 2005 Viper's radio isn't on the bus network.
    Marty

Supporting Vendor

Marty-

The logo should change automatically. If it does not, you have a bus issue between the Body Control Module and the Radio.

Enthusiast

are these just plug and play into the car??

Viper Owner

I seem to remember that you needed to buy the version H or I of the RB1. I know I needed to for the ipod interface and I seem to recall that it was needed for the logo screen but not sure.

Enthusiast

I have not heard of any particular revision that would not show Dodge. Although I have the latest revision (P56038629AI) - it turned on as JEEP but then switched to Dodge. Been that way ever since.

I did see this issue with Chrysler vehicles, but may not apply with the Viper:

"Due to recent changes in VIN formatting, Chrysler models are experiencing improper start-up graphic displays on RB1 Navigation systems. RB1 units with chassis NIC levels AD, AE, AG and AH will default to the Jeep logo when installed into 2006 MY (and I assume, now, 2007) Chrysler Brand vehicle." The only solution mentioned is the dealer is to purchase the accessory kit 82208715AD for all 2006 Chrysler installs, which at that time had the AI level chassis.

Viper Owner

Mine flashed Jeep momentarily and then Dodge from that time forward.

Viper Owner

What version of the Software(Nav Disc) are you running as some Nav discs did firmware upgrades as well. When switched off, does the screen display the time? If not, you may need a newer version disc.
    See http://www.wjjeeps.com/nav.htm#UPDATE