RB1 Navigation Radio

111sixth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently purchased an RB1 radio for my 2005 SRT-10. No problems with the installation and everything works perfectly except for one small issue. The radio apparently came out of a Jeep because the splash screen shows the Jeep logo when you turn the radio on. :dunno: Is there a way I can program the radio so it shows the Dodge logo? Apparently the radio doesn't pick up the vehicle type on the communication bus like it does on the newer cars. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Drew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an issue with the connector on my body control module around 8000km.
Until the problem was found, my stock RB1 when powered would come up with jeep logo.
Once the issue was found, and the connector was reconnected, next time ignition was turned on it displayed the proper logo.
Since it's been installed have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery with a known good charge?

OP
OP

111sixth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Drew,
I finally tried that and the radio still pops up with the Jeep logo. A mechanic/technician at my local Dodge dealership said I need to find a Dodge vehicle of the proper vintage to put the radio in so it will communicate through the bus to pick up the proper logo signal. I can then put it back in the Viper and it will retain the logo information. Apparently the 2005 Viper's radio isn't on the bus network.
Marty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Marty-

The logo should change automatically. If it does not, you have a bus issue between the Body Control Module and the Radio.

Black Adder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to remember that you needed to buy the version H or I of the RB1. I know I needed to for the ipod interface and I seem to recall that it was needed for the logo screen but not sure.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not heard of any particular revision that would not show Dodge. Although I have the latest revision (P56038629AI) - it turned on as JEEP but then switched to Dodge. Been that way ever since.

I did see this issue with Chrysler vehicles, but may not apply with the Viper:

"Due to recent changes in VIN formatting, Chrysler models are experiencing improper start-up graphic displays on RB1 Navigation systems. RB1 units with chassis NIC levels AD, AE, AG and AH will default to the Jeep logo when installed into 2006 MY (and I assume, now, 2007) Chrysler Brand vehicle." The only solution mentioned is the dealer is to purchase the accessory kit 82208715AD for all 2006 Chrysler installs, which at that time had the AI level chassis.​