Cam swap dyno graphs

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone here have their before/after dyno graphs for a cam swap? I just want to see what various cam specs do to our torque curve. I tried searching, but it seems everyone just likes to talk numbers instead of posting graphs.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people do heads/cam together so it's going to be hard to see the gain from a certain cam shaft. Call Greg good and he'll be able to answer your questions.

OP
OP
D

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know (I'm going to go with ported heads as well), but I still want to see the before/after graphs. I'm just curious.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, not much dynographs on builds here. You could possibly have one of the tuners like AC, or ViperSpecialty email you the .DRF files for a car with a similar setup to what you are interested in than download WinPep from the Dynojet website to open the files and view. However, im assuming they use dynojet, so if Not than my idea might not work as i dont think the other brand dynos have free download of their viewing software.

OP
OP
D

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He stands out because he is the only one who chose to ignore all vendor suggestions about pairing better flowing heads with an aftermarket cam. He still made some decent gains, but is probably missing about 75whp from a set of better heads.

OP
OP
D

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He stands out because he is the only one who chose to ignore all vendor suggestions about pairing better flowing heads with an aftermarket cam. He still made some decent gains, but is probably missing about 75whp from a set of better heads.

Did he ever end up going with a set of ported or aftermarket heads? I think his final numbers were ~550rwhp which seems kind of low for a cam and head upgrade.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're going to go with upgraded heads, then a before/after on just the cam (with the stock heads) won't necessarily tell you what you want to know though. The cam that works best with OEM heads may not be the best for the flow of the aftermarket/ported heads.....:)

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I made 555 rwhp cam only. never ported the heads. sold the car. getting gen5 or audi r8

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If memory serves it was running around 12.1at 119 mph stock and 11.4 @ 126 mph with the cam and 550 rwhp.

708 cam is a good performer. cam alone with no other mods is worth 30-40 rwhp. with supportings mods then 100 in my case on same dyno

OP
OP
D

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're going to go with upgraded heads, then a before/after on just the cam (with the stock heads) won't necessarily tell you what you want to know though. The cam that works best with OEM heads may not be the best for the flow of the aftermarket/ported heads.....:)

Like I said above I just want to see some dyno graphs :). That was what was great about owning a Corvette: there's a ton of information out there and a dyno graph available for pretty much any combination. I know, I know there are a boat load more Vettes than Vipers, but it seems like everyone here just likes to talk about mods without anything to back it up (except for a few people).

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck. but as others mentioned...just do heads and cam the first time. put down 570-600 rwhp and call it a day.

OP
OP
D

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck. but as others mentioned...just do heads and cam the first time. put down 570-600 rwhp and call it a day.

Oh I am! Doing it all at once so I don't have to tear everything back apart.