VOI 13

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all that is going on with the club in recent times, I am just wondering if there is going to be a VOI next year, put on by the VCA or by the new club????? I particularly do not care who will put it on, as it is for the OWNERS of VIPERS. I am sure I am not alone here, but most of us have to put in for next years vacation by the end of the year. Because of were I live, I have to take 2 to 4 weeks off, depending where in the States it is, to allow time to drive there and back. I understand that this may not be a priority right now, but for us guys that have to put in their vacation requests this year, knowing the dates and location by the end of the year would be appreciated!

Cheers Shaun.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shaun,

I understand that VCA is working on it, and has a few options to work through.

There is a balancing act of announcing it as far in advance as possible so owners can get their plans in order. On the other hand, they need the hotel, meals, insurance and track rental contracts approved, signed and in hand before announcing the final chosen location.

Also, Regional Presidents often send in suggestions to host these events. They are also considered, as with their local knowledge some overlooked great locations might be missed.

Once the locations are finalized, bids are sent out to select a transport company to haul in the cars where members prefer to ship their cars one or both ways.

It is a pretty significant undertaking, and is traditionally done every other year.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody has looked at Circuit of the Americas in Austin. Magnificent track to be sure, but the daily rental price of the track, plus all the required safety and insurance costs blows the budget all out of proportion.

There are some with insider connections, and of course Chrysler that could help to pull this off, but without that, it gets pretty pricey.

Everybody agrees, however, that if the costs could be brought into line, it perhaps would be one of the most attended VOI's ever.

Everybody is itching to get out on that world class track.

Maybe it could be done in conjunction with an SRT event.

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't see SRT having anything to do with the VCA after what has taken place. Its to bad it came to this. Glen
Everybody has looked at Circuit of the Americas in Austin. Magnificent track to be sure, but the daily rental price of the track, plus all the required safety and insurance costs blows the budget all out of proportion.

There are some with insider connections, and of course Chrysler that could help to pull this off, but without that, it gets pretty pricey.

Everybody agrees, however, that if the costs could be brought into line, it perhaps would be one of the most attended VOI's ever.

Everybody is itching to get out on that world class track.

Maybe it could be done in conjunction with an SRT event.

OP
OP
N

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Texas sounds good to me. Never been, so it would be another great road trip for us. However, If there isn't a VOI next year, hopefully one of the bigger clubs can put something on. Like what the Illinois club did 4 0r 5 years ago in Niagara Falls. For us it was our first Viper event, and was just like a mini VOI, very well organized.
Hopefully we find out this year.

Cheers Shaun.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The memorabiblia stands could definitely use a boost, VOI 11 was better sorted in that department.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper