$65K

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For $65k would you buy a nice 08 low mileage Viper or a new Vette?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper. Because in 2 yrs, the Viper will probably be worth the same amount, and the Corvette would be worth $45K, and you'd be surrounded by all the other Corvettes.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper. Because in 2 yrs, the Viper will probably be worth the same amount, and the Corvette would be worth $45K, and you'd be surrounded by all the other Corvettes.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

1 of 1579 Vipers in 2008 or 1 of tens of thousands new C7s.

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new vette is cool but it's not for me. Either viper or Vette, for me I look for more exclusiveness and the viper commands that.

Also, the rear end of the vettes just don't look right to me. I saw a red one driving the other day while I was in my DD and a red stingray's rear end didn't look good.

Last edited:

St.Char

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go to the Vette forums and see what they say. :) Another vote for the Viper.

LOL! I just came over here from the Corvetteforum. Sold the Vette after 6 yrs. and now in a Gen 3, Took me about 2-3 weeks getting used to the bones of the Viper, my Vette was a Lingenfelter and ran the same power as the Gen 3. I'm impressed the new C7 interior and all the electronics it has to offer, but having said that, I can't get passed the looks of it. To get one that is at least a 3LT your about $72,000 into it:omg:

viper vince

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to a car show with a good friend of mine and he has a vette a very clean vette everyone looked at my viper he was pissed. Vettes are every where go for the viper!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Exactly what he said. Plus, my 10 year old Gen 3 is about the same perfomance-wise as a new base 'Vette, and the Gen 4 will smack it!

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on what you value...comfort and convenience, or raw power and in your face?

I've not sat in a C7, but if it's like all other Corvettes (and I can't see why it wouldn't be), it more comfortably fits larger body types. The Viper? Not so much. The Viper also doesn't accomodate fat chicks very well, so if you have a thing for fat chicks, a Viper isn't for you.

If you plan on daily driving, a Vette would also likely be the better choice...it's not that you can't daily drive a Viper, but it might get a bit old after a while.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd still get a Viper. The C7 is the cool new thing, but like all cool new things, they will find themselves on the back burner when the newer, cooler thing comes along (like a ZO6 or ZR1 variant of the C7).

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great point Steve......."The C7 is the cool new thing,..." and just like with smart phones and other gotta have gadetry, the novelty quickly wears-off leaving the consumer searching for the next quick fix. Maybe that's what differentiates some of us Viper owners from the herd mentality. After 7 yrs of owning my GEN-II and putting 50K miles on it, I still get a bit nervous every time I take it out. I've had it explained to me (from my wife no less) that a Viper is more of a 'primal instinct' sort of experience vice just owning the latest sports car. I think she nailed it.

donk_316

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this. I am in the exact same boat. I cant justify 100-140k for a "new" Viper or I would just go to a R8 or XKRS. A G4 is 65-80k along with the new Spaceship C7...

So do you buy a 4 yr old barely used Viper or a new Vette.

The Vette will be the dime a dozen car but man it has so many positives over the Viper. But the Viper has that "holy **** its a Viper!" thing going for it.

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Viper is a special car. Low production numbers and is a raw car. The vette is a good car for the money and dose everything well. If you are a Viper owner you want a Viper not a vette. A Gen 4 is still 140 hp up on the vette. A gen 3 still up on hp and you can put a super or turbo charger on them and watch how much hp they can make. Good luck I go Viper everytime. I have driven a Viper everyday since 06 also.
Joshua

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
600hp in a hand built exotic vs 450hp in a mass produced car:dunno: I guess it really depends on how you plan to use it though. If it's a weekend sunny day cruiser or for the drag strip and track then it's the Viper hands down. Either way the Viper is more rewarding to drive and feels more like a true race car. Corvettes seem to be very dull drivers until you really start pushing them. The Viper is a hoot with every throw of the shifter.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vettes are great cars. I've owned several (as many here have). But it really is apples to oranges to compare a GenIV to the latest Corvette. Completely different buyer. Neither of which could be persuaded in the other direction.

The only apples to apples comparison I would say, would be between a GenIV and a C6ZR1. And even that is a reach....

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is truly is an apples to oranges comparison especially in terms of the Krylon spray can paint job on the new C7's

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man get that GenIV ACR. One beautiful brute. It owns the track records at every track I drive. Except Laguna Seca, which is owned by another Viper :headbang:

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends also on your driving style and needs. If I had to commute in heavy traffic and the car was going to be my DD, an automatic corvette would be tempting. My Gen III is not my DD, so for the raw driving experience, I would go viper. I don't speed nor race but it's still a thrill at 55 mph.

Getnlwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my 08 vert for a few reasons;

In your face, RAW POWER 600HP v10 car that will hold it's value well.

Exclusivity, 1500 per year vs 15,000 per year for 08.

Hand build by people who love the cars.

There is no other car like it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456