What's going on here...replaced battery in my 94 RT/10

dtvtech

Viper Owner
Reaction score
About a month ago I finally had to replace the battery in my 94 RT/10 when I went to restart the car it would start and run for about half a second as I kept trying to start the engine it would run for slightly longer periods ....one second then two. After about 50 starts the engine started to idle but as soon as I took my foot off the accelerator it would die. So I took it for a drive it died at every stop light ... about ten times then it got so it would recover and barely idle. I decided to go for a long drive about three hours into the hills. When I got home it was running and idling just fine???? Did the ECM have to reset ?? I didn't think that old of a car had a system like that.

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the pcm has to relearn idle when disconnected, although it usually defaults into the factory program. Possibly, when you started your Viper with too much throttle, the pcm assumed this was the idle throttle position, and set idle at that level. When you released the throttle, it would then stall. Hope everything is running smoothly now :)

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't recall if the Gen 1's have an IAC....but it appears you are most likely going through the PCM re-learn.