Carolina Viper Club/VCA Holiday Wishes

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had to play catch up in the office yesterday (Saturday) and as I was driving home in the early afternoon, it was sunny with a few clouds, an unseasonable but perfect 70 degrees, and as I arrived home and pulled into the garage, looking to my left at a car under the cover, the temptation was too strong to avoid. Though there were others things I needed to do, it has been several weeks since I had the car out so I grabbed the keys, uncovered the car, slid in and as I hit the ignition button, the sound of a cold V-10 was like music to my ears.

No destination in mind, a ride to nowhere, but as I traveled the hilly and curvy back roads of North Carolina (by the way, I live in a great place to have such a car, it’s a mecca of speed, cars, engineering and great roads), past old farms, gas stations and remnants of small towns of the past, it was like rehabilitation for me. As I fueled up at a busy gas station the numerous people coming over politely asking to take photos of the car, and I even offered a few if they would like to sit in it for their picture which made their day, this first 30 minutes in my Viper reminded me of something. The real reason I purchased the car was not to squabble over a missed issue of Viper Magazine, or that I didn’t see the VCA 990 form, or not to critique a single word on a posting of someone trying to answer a question, or how many regions are left in the VCA, where do the any remaining funds reside, or that Canada doesn’t have one single member left, etc, etc, etc……. Nope, NONE of that matters, and I hope I never get to the point in my life that I am consumed by such small things in life……. The feel of the power, the sound of the exhaust and the way the car handles on those back roads was all I needed to recalibrate myself to focus on the things in life that is more important, and from the prism that I look through, it’s definitely not about being a member of a car club, whichever club that may be.

So what is more important is the friendships formed and I want to personally wish Holiday Greetings to my friends in the Carolina Viper Club and the VCA. Here we are at the end of another year and though I am still not sure how it got here so quickly, it was a great year for the CVC. My wish for all of you in the coming year is to find richness in happiness with family and friends. Let us remember what the season is truly for. Take time to reflect on our blessings and spread the joy of the season to those less fortunate. Merry Christmas and a Happy, Safe, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to all of you!

It’s amazing how therapeutic a Saturday afternoon drive in my ACR was……… and I could not think of a better post to move my last thread off the front page (I was tired of looking at it), we just need to enjoy our cars more!

Chuck

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amen.

Something special about just jumping in your car, and feeling that fantastic bond between man and machine that the Viper provides better than most.

Vipers have that power to set yourself free, and let all the worries of day to day life fade into the background.

As Chuck said, VIpers have the ability to not only give the driver joy, but that extends into the life of others who see you out having a fantastic time, and can live just a little vicariously through seeing someone enjoying their fantacy car ride.

In additon to my Viper, I get this same feeling out cruising in my Harley, and others say that flying their airplane or getting out on the water in their boat provides the same theraputic relief. Others get that same feedback by playing with their kids, or hugging a loved one.

Thanks Chuck for the inspiration. Going to take the Viper out today. Will take some back roads to a favorite lunch spot by a small stream, and give thanks for all the opportunities that life can provide a person.

Some times forget just how blessed we all are.

Paul

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paul, thank you and I hope you had a great day out in the car!

Chip, thanks, I look forward to seeing you and Lisa in Knoxville, the TOD trip cant come soon enough and a great opportunity to put all of this other "stuff" behind us!

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear that chuck, it's been raining here all the weekends so i ve just been able to " look" at it :-/, anyway merry christmas to you and your family too,
Looking forward to the TOD too !!! :)

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks chuck!! , there's cars and
Coffee in greenville
This sat
If
You can drop by!! :cool:

Hey Angel, we took a spontaneous trip to the SW coast of Florida and rented a condo right on the beach on Siesta Key. My children, are coming over to spend Christmas with us. I just texted you a couple of photos, it's beautiful. I won't be back to Charlotte until Saturday evening o I won't be able to attend. Please remind me in January, if the weather cooperates, I am there. Talk to you later.