Boy. Some some people are so fickle.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry. It is way off the topic of this thread. They have a list of all the mods and Ray did all of them. It ran an 11.9 quarter on a warm, very humid day. Look up the video at my Youtube channel at Fasterthanyou64. Think of it as a Hellcat that you can have NOW.

There is a thread from 2010 which I think is called "Mopar sibling acquired".

Please let's not discuss this further here.

Thanks,

Bob

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is an incredible piece of engineering and design. It handles extraordinarily well. I am getting a kick out of using the voice activated features.

I'm starting to sense that you're reasonably happy with your purchase decision...or handling buyer's remorse exceedingly well :2tu:

I have to believe early owner feedback like yours is going to help some on the fence to pull the trigger. I knew when I ordered mine that the TA was a screaming value, and a text book collectible, but I really wasn't as confident that we'd be able to enjoy driving it outside of me using it on the track. Your comments this week, and Nambo's, would have given me that confidence even if I never planned to track it at all! I'd be very surprised if these cars don't sell out quickly.

Grass Roots Motorsports sums it up pretty well in their TA review in the 2014 issue where they highlight a couple of facts readers need to know:
"You want one, and you're probably not going to have one because they're only making 159 of them..."

Question...are the cars numbered with a plaque anywhere?

Bruce

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Bruce, the SRT dash plaque on the passenger side has the 00/000 number. I'm not certain if they count that number as all TA's built, or if it is broken down further by color. Bob, what does yours say?

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. There is a numbered plaque on the passenger side of the dashboard. It is broken down by color. Mine is 26 of 33. I do not think that they were made in order since, to my knowledge, mine was one of the first Black ones shipped. Also, the last two numbers of the VIN number are 26. Pretty cool if one is into that type of stuff.

The street suspension setting is what it says. It is softer than the settings I had on my former Viper.

People took photos of my Gen II and my Gen III. People are going a bit nuts about this car. I had one group of people circle the car in a parking lot taking videos. It is the meanest sounding stock Viper I have ever heard. When I start it up, heads whip around. It is much faster than I expected.

You are going to love yours.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to know they did the numbering by color. This tells me that they won't stop building the TA models, they will just change the colors on them. Had they used a set final value of all colors combined, then we'd know the TA was done after the three colors were made.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see how happy you are with the car. The weather has been kind in the northeast lately and I have been driving mine quite a bit. Cant get enough.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I found two great shots of a black TA online. I am not sure it is the final one since I cannot tell if the carbon fiber is on the back.

Last edited:

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That second pic rivals the great shot of the orange TA. Both are gorgeous, that's for sure.

Reaction score
Here are five photos a friend took this PM.

Wow Bob that is beautiful congratulations on your "new baby".

HANKFAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bob, seeing all your other vehicles were supercharged did you hesitate at all buying a Gen V knowing there might never be a way to add forced induction or even be able to tune it? I would trade up to the Gen V from my Paxton 06 Coupe if only forced induction was available for the Gen V. I would think there are a lot of other potential buyers just like me.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, seeing all your other vehicles were supercharged did you hesitate at all buying a Gen V knowing there might never be a way to inexpensively add forced induction or even be able to tune it? I would trade up to the Gen V from my Paxton 06 Coupe if only forced induction was available for the Gen V. I would think there are a lot of other potential buyers just like me.
fixed it for you

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was concerned about that but when Nineball ran a 10.9 it became far less important. Now that I have driven it 360 miles and done some 20 to 100 runs at about 3/4 throttle, it isn't important at all. The car is fast. Faster than I expected.

But, I believe that there will be FI for the Gen V and that it will be available within 12 months. I expect a kit to come from Arrington or Arrow. They both seem to have a close relationship with Chrysler. I also think it will be an Eaton type supercharger based on the look of the Hellcat's supercharger as shown on Allpar and the supercharger used on the Cadillac, the Vette, and the Camaro. The R&D is out there. Why reinvent the wheel.

Bob, seeing all your other vehicles were supercharged did you hesitate at all buying a Gen V knowing there might never be a way to add forced induction or even be able to tune it? I would trade up to the Gen V from my Paxton 06 Coupe if only forced induction was available for the Gen V. I would think there are a lot of other potential buyers just like me.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if the hellcat's pistons could be used for FI purposes in the Viper. Doesn't the current car share pistons with the 6.4?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I still have my Paxton '06 coupe also. If your car is still on a stock engine, the Gen 5 (and Gen 4) are likely quicker. Especially if you do any 1/2-mile or standing mile events. When I ran my stock engine w/ Paxton at the standing mile, there were two stock '08 Vipers that ran faster than mine. This is mostly due to gearing in the '06, with 5th/6th being weak, but the results are what they are.

However, if you plan on doing forged internals and more boost, then yes, the '06 is much faster potentially. If I could only keep one Viper, it would be the '13 though.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Per Dick Winkles the new car has forged pistons that were developed from the R&D he did for the ACRX. My '06 did 174 MPH in the standing mile before the 5th and 6th gear change out. Unfortunately, I never got to test it again. The FAA stopped the use of the facility for that purpose.

The two cars are apples and oranges. They are both Vipers but very different. The old car is Dirty Harry. The new car is James Bond.

I wonder if the hellcat's pistons could be used for FI purposes in the Viper. Doesn't the current car share pistons with the 6.4?

HANKFAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
But, I believe that there will be FI for the Gen V and that it will be available within 12 months. I expect a kit to come from Arrington or Arrow. They both seem to have a close relationship with Chrysler. I also think it will be an Eaton type supercharger based on the look of the Hellcat's supercharger as shown on Allpar and the supercharger used on the Cadillac, the Vette, and the Camaro. The R&D is out there. Why reinvent the wheel.

I hope you are correct and if so SRT just sold another Gen V in Silver. The Gen V with a roots blower would be just about perfect in my opinion!

yellowmz3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bob
Quick question (I apologize in advance if this is elsewhere): How is the TA on regular roads, with the stiffer suspension...Have you driven a GTS or standard SRT as a comparison? Could this be a DD?
Thanks
Rob

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yiou ask a subjective question. I could drive it every day. But that does not mean you could. Remember. It has two seetings. Street and track. I am in love with the car. It is just spectacular. A whole different level.

Hey Bob
Quick question (I apologize in advance if this is elsewhere): How is the TA on regular roads, with the stiffer suspension...Have you driven a GTS or standard SRT as a comparison? Could this be a DD?
Thanks
Rob

yellowmz3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I guess I mean is the ride punishing? I've had a fair number of 'super' cars and some were down right punishing on the road. My Z06 wasn't too much fun and my Ferrari Scuderia had it's moments (seats were really uncomfortable). Heck, my wife's bimmer takes potholes like a tank (damn run--flats). I know it's really subjective, just curious since I just put a deposit down on one....

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yiou ask a subjective question. I could drive it every day. But that does not mean you could. Remember. It has two seetings. Street and track. I am in love with the car. It is just spectacular. A whole different level.

And this is coming from a tough nut to crack lol!

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are right but if they would take a real hard look at the new vette versus the Viper there really is no valid comparison on a number of levels. The interior of my TA is Ferrari level or better. Definitely better than a McClaren. The body design is an inspired work of art and as you can see the TA has that "bad boy" look. The amount of carbon fiber in the car is incredible. The entire clam shell hood in addition to other components and the trim pieces. Even the X brace. The aircraft foamed aluminum doors are lighter than previous gens but close firmly - the sound of closing is right.

Ralph has said that there is far more to the car than just its performance. I did not really understand what he was saying until now after having thoroughly inspected it and driven it a bit more than 100 miles. It is still a Viper but a very, very different one. It is a Viper that shows the effect of friendly interfamily sibling rivalry and, at the same time, some cooperation regarding vendors and manufacturing technique and discipline between SRT and Ferrari.

Your car looks great. However, your statement of fit/finish better than ferrari or Mclaren is a joke. You clearly have not owned either. I just passed on a TA and I did see it in person.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what I wrote above: "The interior of my TA is Ferrari level or better. Definitely better than a McClaren." The interior shot above shows an exceptional interior.

Fiat controls SRT since it is a Chrysler brand and Ferrari. The seats of the Viper and the Ferrari are made by the same manufacturer. SRT has adopted some of Ferrari's manufacturing techniques. It is not a mystery how and why the Viper interior was improved. I do not care for the McClaren interior. It is a subjective thing. I just do not like it.

I recommend that each person reading this thread go and look at the car for themselves.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in the TA last week, the interior is a step up for a Viper for sure, but not close to McLaren or Ferrari.... cloth headliner, still lot's of cheap plastic, buttons from the dodge dart, no carbon, exposed phillips screws holding the side sills on (not even screwed in straight)...

Here is what I wrote above: "The interior of my TA is Ferrari level or better. Definitely better than a McClaren." The interior shot above shows an exceptional interior.

Fiat controls SRT since it is a Chrysler brand and Ferrari. The seats of the Viper and the Ferrari are made by the same manufacturer. SRT has adopted some of Ferrari's manufacturing techniques. It is not a mystery how and why the Viper interior was improved. I do not care for the McClaren interior. It is a subjective thing. I just do not like it.

I recommend that each person reading this thread go and look at the car for themselves.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was that one. My screws are all straight. I think that if you post the same shot of a black Mclaren interior next to the photo of mine, mine looks better. Once again, there is a large subjective component to this. I have seen McClarens with orange peel paint issues and other issues. Any car that has considerable hand assembly will have variations. I also think the black TA is a much better looking car than the McClaren but that too is subjective.

BTW, do you know the source of all the McClaren parts? With today's globalization, I doubt very much that all are made just for the McClaren. You might find out that a button or two on that car is also being used on other vehicles.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car looks great. However, your statement of fit/finish better than ferrari or Mclaren is a joke. You clearly have not owned either. I just passed on a TA and I did see it in person.

Actually to claim that the new Viper's interior is not in the same class as a Ferrari is a joke. My best friend owns a 458, I am familiar with both cars, and we track together. I can't speak for the SRT because I've never seen one on person, but my GTS's interior is flawless. As is the 458's. And my Stryker Red is absolutely on par with his gorgeous Rosso Corsa paint. To claim one is superior to the other is an exaggeration. I prefer the look of my tasteful red and black over his black with carbon everywhere. The Ferrari carbon interior bits look overdone to my eye. Totally subjective yes, one is not better than the other. Both are gorgeous, neither are superior.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't have even thought to consider how the TA's interior might compared to a Ferrari or a McLaren, nor particularly cared. That they would be even compared is interesting and flattering given the difference in vehicle costs, but not at all important to me in choosing a new car for its performance, driving characteristics and overall appearance. But they do all share great performance and exclusivity though, and would be great to dice it up with on the track. Not used to seeing many exotics driven well on the track, and I'd probably dial it back on the track a couple of 10ths if I owned one too. I expect buyers of the TA will buy it to more fully enjoy it for its intended use on track...and it shouldn't be too shabby for image and bragging rights either ;)