Boy. Some some people are so fickle.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Including me. There is now a 2014 black TA in my carport. It came into University yesterday. I went up and checked her out. I bought it today. No photos yet. Sorry. Thank you SRT. It is a spectacular car. I got a great deal.

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Haven't seen any black TA's yet. Do you know if there are any white ones out? Congrats on yours. I am looking at an orange one. Can you PM what a great deal is?

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not know about the white ones. Sorry. I had been following this one since they ordered it. I traded my modded SRT8 Challenger and my modded Viper toward the car at what I felt were very fair valuations. I also received a reduction in the MSRP price of the TA. BTW, both of the cars I traded were like my children. Wonderful cars that I hope will find new homes with people who care as much for them and about them as I did. This is going to sound ridiculous but I got a tear in my eye as my wife and I drove away in the TA. Before I left them, I went up to each one; patted it; and said goodbye.

Last edited:

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob...pm me the details. Need pictures. How does the orange look? Seats? Congratulations

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's awesome, Bob...congrats!!! You're the first one I've heard of to get a black TA, along with Nambo getting an orange one recently. I'm getting a black TA also but didn't think they were being built until March or something. Please give us your impressions and pics when possible. What made you choose the black, as most seem to think the signature orange is the way to go?

Bruce

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The orange stitching is subtle. The online photo must be photoshopped to make it stand out so you can see it better. I thought that I might mind the orange but I do not. It fits the car. They must have worked on the seats a bit too. They do not feel excessively hard and they give me lower back support right where I need it. Pictures will have to wait. It was too dark when I got home. The car looks much better in person than it does on the net. I am biased ( all of our cars are black.LOL) but I liked the black the best.

Bob...pm me the details. Need pictures. How does the orange look? Seats? Congratulations

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new addition to the family! Have fun..curious why you chose the TA as a straight line guy.

PS-You're really fortunate to have a dealer that takes modded cars in trade!

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not just a straight line guy. My modded Viper was set up as a road course car. My first modded vehicle was a go cart I made from scratch when I was 11. I drove it all over the neighborhood. Since then, there have been many vehicles and many different types of vehicular therapy. My most recent outing was on the Homestead Speedway road course for the Rides and Smiles charity event.

I have always viewed the primary purpose of the Viper as a road course vehicle. Its gearing and suspension were always focused on that. But Q mile performance is important to me. I had some doubts until Nineball's (Tony's) recent quarter mile run in the high tens. So the TA is a naturally aspirated road course car that holds the Leguna Seca road course record and, at the same time, is capable of a Q mile in the tens. It is a hell of a buy for the money.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to address your modded car comment. The selling dealership, Univerisity Dodge in Davie, did all of the mods on the Challenger and some of the mods on the Viper. As previously posted, Mark Jorgensen and his merry techs did the majority of them on the Viper. So all of the mods on the Viper were done by a dealer. Also, the Service Manager here had a great deal of respect for Mark's knowledge and the work that they did on the Viper.

The dealership here has serviced both cars since new and both cars have only been serviced at this dealer except for the mods done by Mark Jorgensen. So the dealership knew the cars very, very well and knew that they were both exceptionally well maintained. The dealer is an active SRT dealer and has some very talented techs.

BTW, there is at least one other dealer who is a sponsor on this site who will give a fair shake on a well modded and maintained vehicle. Perhaps more will. The key is them being able to look up the complete service history when you give them a VIN number.

Last edited:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase! So maybe price was the problem from the beginning then? Not the car or HP... It seems more people are purchasing after the deep discounting

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price was not an issue for me. I had more invested in my former Viper than the new one cost. But price probably was an issue for quite a few people. The issues were as stated above: confirmed Q mile performance and seat comfort. Once Nineball did his high ten second run that took care of the performance issue. The seat issue, as stated above, was also resolved. Of couse I am always going to try to get the best deal as is everyone else. The TAs will not be discounted in the same manner as the 2013s and the 2014 non TAs are discounted less than the 2013s.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ringgold, Georgia ....where' is that ?:).......now if they have a black TA or white at a serious discount I would be interested. I would like to see some real pictures of both....and some close ups of the calipers and interior stitching....

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob
Congrats!! on the new car need to see some pictures when you can.

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any ideas on how much (if at all) below MSRP dealers are selling the TA for? I saw one dealer about $5K below, curious if others are similar
or even lower.

Congrats on the purchase, I'm really wanting the orange one. After selling my '01 sapphire/silver GTS several years ago
I find this one the only one I would want, besides a sapphire/silver stripe ACR.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Here are five photos a friend took this PM.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is another one of the engine bay.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow amazing! I'm getting closer and closer to considering selling my fully built RSI Paxton 06 coupe and get in this this gen 5 business. Im just not looking forward to the selling hassle experience. :/ Plus I still love the car but the gen 5 has sure grown on me.

Any gen 5 guys wanna trade?:)

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I spent some time tonight exploring a few things and almost activated the transwarp drive. Woo. When the stars started to blur for a second I got scared.

Seriously, the display functions are incredible. Two different gauge clusters. An engine cluster that shows ona real time continuous basis the torque and HP you are generating while driving. Timers of all types. G-Force measurements.

And then there are all the other display functions and there are many of them. I felt like I was in an advanced space fighter craft. Very cool stuff - even for someone as unsophisticated with the new tech as I am.

The controls on the steering wheel are also extensive - similar to the ones on my Jeep plus a few more including launch control.

I also realized that the seat goes up and down by using the larger lower handle. Who would have thought - a Viper with a seat height adjustment.

If people with the bread could sit in the car with the engine on and be allowed to play around with this stuff, the car would sell itself in a heart beat. I am old school but I know "cool" when I see it.

I still consider all the other Gens equally great in their own ways. This car is great in a number of new ways.

Bottom line. Dealers. If you can get them in to play with the car and you let them, they will buy it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper