Why did they destroy this Gen II?

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A judge gave an order to destroy it due to it's inherent danger.

Later someone told him, "Your honor. It was a car, not a snake!"

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems quite a waste as the parts value for the composites, tires and larger metal bits far exceeds the scrap value.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure it was a car ordered to be destroyed by a judge. In CA, if your caught street racing, thats what they can do to your car.

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sad... :(
It has (had) different year wheels on the front and back...

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure it was a car ordered to be destroyed by a judge. In CA, if your caught street racing, thats what they can do to your car.

California? The lanscape is like more Mongolia or Siberia. I got cold just watching had to go get my Russian furhat:crazy2:

G-ManGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The excavator operator is a corvette owner. You can tell by the grin when he was riding over it back and forth:omg:

dmerkle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This makes me hate America and Americans...even though I'm born and raised. I don't care what car it is, who takes anywhere from 20 to 40 thousand dollars and poops on it?
This is why we're billions of dollars in debt, not cool

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
l
Looks like a vindictive ex wife at work here.
Got the car In the settlement and had it crushed for spite.
Like Tiger's ex with the house but on a smaller scale.
:)

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't care if it was an R/T, but a GTS in what looks to be black in color, damn shame.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
California? The lanscape is like more Mongolia or Siberia. I got cold just watching had to go get my Russian furhat:crazy2:

Not saying that's CA, just pointing out that crushing your car has been an option for judges in CA for many years now.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This Guy is far from a Excavator operator. I doubt he has seen much seat time. I work on this type of equipment every day and am working around them every day with qualified operators. I think this guy was in on the crushing and wanted to do it himself to prove a point to whoever owned the car.
The excavator operator is a corvette owner. You can tell by the grin when he was riding over it back and forth:omg:

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll be honest you couldn't pay me enough to live in California.

blown daytona

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!!! That is like the craziest thing I have ever heard....crushing a car because of street racing. Seems alittle extreme to me.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
part the car out, and they wonder why they are broke-clowns at thier best

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Destroying a car because of street racing is a complete idiot move. Why not just seize the car and auction it off, that way the state can raise much needed capital and the car can be saved. Win Win if you ask me. Absolutely ridiculous!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the gov made prudent decisions we wouldn't be in the mess we're in right now.

evil00017

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And here is supposedly the reason from the place I originally saw the video at.

Reason behind the destruction of these cars..... The two that I had to destroy came from schools in the area's auto shops. Chrysler Corp removed these cars from schools across the country because 1 student supposedly stole one from a school and was killed in it. I don't know how true this stands but I can tell you that a rep from Chrysler was there to verify the destruction of this car and to make sure there was not a salvageable part left. I am unsure how many vipers are to be destroyed. I was told each state has a few or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdp8auBPGp0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper