2015 Z06 specs leaked 620hp/650tq

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like GM is swinging for the fences.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/01/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-specs-leaked.html

Chevrolet just spilled the beans on the 2015 Corvette Z06, which apparently will come with 620 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque.

The company hasn’t officially released information on its latest ******** sports car, but a Jalopnik reader spotted that running a “Google search” on the term “2015 Corvette Z06 supercar reveal” brings up a URL directly from the brand citing 2015-corvette-z06-power-numbersthose numbers.
You must be registered for see images attach

With the official debut set to take place next week, more details are sure to slip out.

Unfortunately, the link shown in the screen shot here directs to a blank page. Leaked images reportedly showing the LT4 V8 show a supercharger and Chevrolet’s “oopsy daisy” seems to back that up. Regardless, 620 hp is a healthy increase over the old Z06 with 505 hp and a thick margin above the current Stingray’s naturally aspirated 455-hp LT1 V8. Perhaps most impressively, that also means the new Z06 has more torque than the ZR1 halo ‘Vette.

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably on its way to Laguna Seca as we speak with one intent...

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price will probably match that of the Viper, so the specs make sense.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If It has Sport Cups look out. Tires are going to make or break It.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised they went supercharged. I would have preferred a lightweight, normally aspirated Vette like the C6 Z06. Supercharger = car weighs more and may suffer from heat soak on a hot day and a lot of laps. Still, this will be one impressive Corvette.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm surprised they went supercharged. I would have preferred a lightweight, normally aspirated Vette like the C6 Z06. Supercharger = car weighs more and may suffer from heat soak on a hot day and a lot of laps. Still, this will be one impressive Corvette.

I was a little surprised too..
GM says this will be " The Most Track Capable Corvette Ever". So I'm confident that the engineers have done their homework with like cooling, heat soak etc, etc..

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a little surprised too..
GM says this will be " The Most Track Capable Corvette Ever". So I'm confident that the engineers have done their homework with like cooling, heat soak etc, etc..

It will be sure to give the Viper a run for it's money. In talking with the instructors at Spring Mountain, they say the C6 ZR1 does suffer from heat soak. On the other hand, a turbo Audi TT won the 25 hours of Thunderhill, so forced induction can work well on the track.

This is a good era to be a car guy for sure, I can't wait to see it turn some laps and see what it can do. As long is it doesn't beat the Viper of course, LOL. Competition is healthy, if we get beat then we will answer with the mighty ACR.

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a blown V8 those numbers are par for the course. If it was NA I'd be quite impressed.

I heard they're not bringing back the ZR1 for now so this is probably going to be their answer to the Viper.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It will be sure to give the Viper a run for it's money. In talking with the instructors at Spring Mountain, they say the C6 ZR1 does suffer from heat soak. On the other hand, a turbo Audi TT won the 25 hours of Thunderhill, so forced induction can work well on the track.

This is a good era to be a car guy for sure, I can't wait to see it turn some laps and see what it can do. As long is it doesn't beat the Viper of course, LOL. Competition is healthy, if we get beat then we will answer with the mighty ACR.

It sure is bro. I can't wait to get mine..:D:D

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even NA cars (especially those making large hp numbers NA) suffer heat soak. I think this phrase gets tossed around too often, without people fully understanding it. I've had a few supercharged cars, including a C6Z06. Yes, it would perform slightly slower when fully hot, but once it reached that lower performance, it wouldn't get any worse than that. It isn't like the car would do worse with every lap or every pass, or every dyno run. It would hit operating temp and then maintain what it had, at those temps. On a road course, 620 is far more power than traction can control. Even if heat soaked down to 580 hp, it will still run very well on the track or drag strip.

This car may be called a Z06, but it is actually a ZR1 replacement. I'd expect it to perform about the same as the current ZR1, and also cost over $100,000. It will be a sweet car, and I'll probably end up with one. It won't replace my Vipers, though.

Tony

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the competition between the two brands. It has produced spectacular vehicles. It is the American ( and I include all of the Americas) way!

We live in the best of times for the automotive enthusiast.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad the Viper didn't have something of interest to reveal at the Detroit Auto Show, going to be over in the dustbin figuratively speaking.
All the talk will be this car.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In March or so, SRT will be revealing the Hellcat Challenger. It is a beast. The straight line purists are going to be very, very pleased.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Challenger isn't going to appeal to those cross-shopping Vipers and Corvettes. I've never cared for the obese Challenger, personally. Even if it were faster.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have yet to see a factory SC car good at the track for a full 30min session. Maybe this will be the first, but heat soak has historically been a big issue. I am sure it will be great for one lap though. Will be great on the street and for the folks that want to tune.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have yet to see a factory SC car good at the track for a full 30min session. Maybe this will be the first, but heat soak has historically been a big issue. I am sure it will be great for one lap though. Will be great on the street and for the folks that want to tune.

Nurburgring is a very long track. ZR1 seemed to do just fine, there.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the new Z06 will be a full measure of performance above the ZR1. The new 7 speed and e-diff, combined with improved active suspension and new sensors will allow it to easily outperform in every way. That performance will be much more accessible, and able to be driven at the limit much more easily. It'll be a big step closer to being like a GT-R in the way it performs at the limit, and after the initial media frenzy of glowing reviews it would probably be similarly criticized for lacking driver involvement due to excessive use of nannies if that wasn't becoming the norm today. An impressive achievement for sure, and a daily drivable supercar that will appeal to the mainstream in true Corvette tradition.

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even NA cars (especially those making large hp numbers NA) suffer heat soak. I think this phrase gets tossed around too often, without people fully understanding it.

The obvious solution to heat soak is to wrap the airbox in sticky foil insulation purchased from summit racing. The more expensive the car, the more appropriate it looks. :2tu:

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the new Z06 will be a full measure of performance above the ZR1. The new 7 speed and e-diff, combined with improved active suspension and new sensors will allow it to easily outperform in every way. That performance will be much more accessible, and able to be driven at the limit much more easily. It'll be a big step closer to being like a GT-R in the way it performs at the limit, and after the initial media frenzy of glowing reviews it would probably be similarly criticized for lacking driver involvement due to excessive use of nannies if that wasn't becoming the norm today. An impressive achievement for sure, and a daily drivable supercar that will appeal to the mainstream in true Corvette tradition.

Good analysis, this is the way I see it too. Although I'll wait and see on whether it will acheive a full measure of performance above a ZR1. My guess is that it won't be as light as the current Z06, or even the ZR1 or Viper. And with less power, we shall see how it does. Still, I'm sure it will put down very respectable lap times.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is good news for the viper. However, I don't see gm coming out with a z06 that won't at least perform similiar to 911 turbo, GTR, 458, etc. Im sure 0-60 wont be 2's but 1/4 mile or other stats will be on par with the other, very low 11 or high 10's.

This vette will be a mod monster! 650-700 whp won't take much, pulley and a tune.

dmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are good number for sure.

I'm glad to hear people not bashing the Z but just good ole car enthusiast. I have owned two and they are a blast to own and drive. If I have the means it could very well end up in my stable.

Or, I have got the liking for a SRT charger. Would be a great daily car.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. Can't wait to see the perf numbers and the fender flared body I'm sure it'll have.