Magazines Shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About three weeks ago, in the other thread I asked:

So, if memory serves, I got one magazine in 2013. Blue Gen 5 on the cover. Some above mentioned getting two.

How many issues should I be getting to true up for the year? 2? 3? Are you even doing that or simply producing the next two magazines? Honestly I'm lost in all this.

To be frank.... I hate this thread crap for getting info. Is there a number I can call to find out what has been sent to me and/or what to expect? Call me old fashioned but I'd like to speak to somebody rather than be checking here. ..

To which I was replied:

There will be 6 magazines for 2013. Period. You will have 5 next week. We are working on your 6th....

... Luisv, you have 3 so far, 2 on the way as Dan pointed out. If you have further questions, you can call Angela at Viper HQ, but she'll tell you the same thing...

Got the email saying the magazines shipped as well around the 22nd to the 26th.

I still don't have them. I live in Florida. I don't know where they shipped from, but short of being printed in Fargo.... I'm fairly certain weather can't be blamed....

All I can say is "UNCLE"

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better to know what the future may hold or not hold (LOL) than to not know how to spell. There really is no excuse.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered an issue of Racer Magazine on Tuesday this week. It showed up Friday.
Still no sign of my Viper Magazines which supposedly shipped over a week ago.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How was it shipped? Bulk or first class? I spoke to my mail carrier today. He said that the pathway for bulk mail would be as follows: The post office the printer delivered it to would send it to the nearest sorting facility. That facility would then sort and send the magazines out to the sorting facilities at the target zip codes. The sorting facility that covers the target zip code would then send it out to the local post office where your carrier picks up your mail and delivers it. He also mentioned that service is not necessarily consistent across the system.

I ordered an issue of Racer Magazine on Tuesday this week. It showed up Friday.
Still no sign of my Viper Magazines which supposedly shipped over a week ago.

Last edited:

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't find it on the USPS site. But ask says 7-14 days. As I mentioned, my postmark was 1/30...

Saturday has come and gone, still no magazines. There is nothing in the rules about complaining about not getting my magazines. and please, PLEASE, don't accuse me of lying about not getting my magazines. very bad idea.

If these were mailed on the 22'nd they should not be post marked 30'th. Anxious to see when mine are post marked, if I even get them. Obviously the printer is misleading someone because the Viper club wouldn't lie about it.

Probably wouldn't even post this I wasn't harshly spoken to by someone that doesn't even know me, my situation, or what I have done for this club.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The term "bulk mail" is postalese for when all the other crap is done we will get to your stuff.

barry488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saturday has come and gone, still no magazines. There is nothing in the rules about complaining about not getting my magazines. and please, PLEASE, don't accuse me of lying about not getting my magazines. very bad idea.

If these were mailed on the 22'nd they should not be post marked 30'th. Anxious to see when mine are post marked, if I even get them. Obviously the printer is misleading someone because the Viper club wouldn't lie about it.

Probably wouldn't even post this I wasn't harshly spoken to by someone that doesn't even know me, my situation, or what I have done for this club.

Well said, couldn't agree with you more.

LadyCruzer

VCA Officer
VCA Officer
Reaction score
We got our magazines on Friday ! Hang in there, everyone! 2014 is going to be a great year for the VCA.

Gustfront

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We got our magazines on Friday ! Hang in there, everyone! 2014 is going to be a great year for the VCA.

Mary?. Is that you?

C'mon now VCA. Y'all were making some good forward progress here. Don't slip backwards by posting the same inane comments and spin the prior team used. Members and us potential members want facts and real answers, not the same useless filler the Marshalls dished out. Please.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at post number 72. The mags were sent. No one can control the PO. Would it have been better if they got out sooner? Of course. But, contrary to all the naysayers, they did get out and were sent to everyone who was a member in 2013. I forgot who I made that $100.00 Wounded Warrior Project bet with but I would say that the proof is now there and he should make that contribution.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally showed up in Colorado on Saturday. No post marks on envelop so not sure when originally shipped. One more to go and magazine commitment for 2013 is fulfilled. That will go a long ways to all outstanding commitments to members for 2013, then can potentially consider move forward.

I see Marshall boy is still involved, which I was surprised to see. Magazines still show from Kansas, is this still the case going forth?

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stand corrected and will do!

"Bob's bet.
"I will do it but per the posts of the Board member, I am not betting by the end of the year. I am betting that you will receive the last two issues promised even if that is after the end of the year when you are no longer a VCA member. If I win you send the contribution to the Wounded Warriors Project. If you win, I will send the contribution to the Canadian charity. OK? If it is, post the name and address of the Canadian charity below."

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Granger. The new Board is really working their butts off to repair the damage and move forward. Finishing the mags; editing; getting a new printer; responding to member and former member questions, that in a few instances were pretty hostile and disrespectful, was/is alot of work for volunteers. Kudos to them for their efforts. From Nsane's posts we are even going to get a sixth magazine.

PS. I always thought six magazines was a bit grandiose and hope that it is cut back to four magazines for this year. I think I read a post somewhere where it stated that was the case.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The magazines were done before January 1, 2014. The Marshalls fulfilled their obligation and are no longer involved with the VCA.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Bob. By done, I assume that you do not mean printed. They were not printed before January 1. I think the final print proofs may have been done and reviewed after January 1 so there could have been some last minute corrections. With a new printer and the holidays intervening that would make sense. Perhaps a Board member can clarify this.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I did not clarify that....proofs were done but everything else was after January 1. I wanted to stop any insinuation ( again ) for a reason to unjustly criticize the current VCA volunteer leadership.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it was said earlier that these were indeed done by Marshall under his previous commitment, so that's why the address, etc.

As mentioned also, he is no longer involved. There is a 6th magazine, largely completed by Marshall, but we might be going another direction with it.. There are some great articles in this one, but as our "last" magazine to the entire membership from 2013 we might do something a bit more special. Given this fiasco with shipping and printing this time, you will understand if we don't pin a date down, we are working some really cool stuff that will make this a great mag (VOI and another extremely newsworthy event that I am evilly dangling in front of you, which we will announce this month or early in March).

Sorry to see not everyone has gotten their mags yet, many are coming in, should be there by end of week per my earlier post. If you don't have by next week, we will need to start investingating with the shippers on what gives...

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Magazines received today. A certain Dr. Bob's Viper looks pretty cool. The production quality of the mags is excellent. Where did the VCA get those kilts from for the Mopar Nationals? LOL.

Last edited:

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't think there is any magazines, you are just stringing us along till we forget about them:eater:

1995 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep up the prayers, mine arrived here in Michigan today............ finally !!

Status
Not open for further replies.