Magazines Shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustfront

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kinda the same with the 6 issues. They were not promised, but scheduled. It is not unusual for magazines to not make their deadlines. When this happens subscribers and advertisers are disappointed, and while it is a shortcoming from the editor or publisher, it is not something totally within their control.

And just to show as an example of what I'm talking about when it comes to Hawkers credibility as pertains to answers from the VCA;
This went out with the 2013 VCA member packets

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We’re pleased you have joined the Viper Club of America. Enclosed you will find your VCA member badge(s). When attending VCA events or meetings, please wear the badge for identification. It includes your exclusive member number, <<MembershipNumber>>, and indicates years of membership. Above in the highlighted box is your VCA regional club information. Please contact the regional club president for details of events in your area. The VCA sends out information via e-mail. If your name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone or e-mail is not shown above or any information is incorrect, please log into the VCA membership portal at http://www.viperclub.org/membership to update and make any changes. You can also contact Viper headquarters by email at [email protected] or by phone at at 1-800-677-4321.

Your membership to the best car club on the planet includes:
VIPER Magazine, the official publication of the VCA for Viper owners and enthusiasts published six times per year."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, ya, please explain how I should listen to Mr Hawker when he doesn't even have the facts.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nsane, no need for me to be terse. Just calling a spade a spade.
1. Calling out an outright lie.
2&3. Pointing out one hell of an elitist, condescending attitude from a guy who's own region left him.
4. Calling out another attempt to shift blame which has no truth to it.
5. I definitely believe it's hard to get people to step up, but 1 person out of a "supposed" 1,000 members?
6. The real questions have NEVER been answered wholly and truthfully.
7. No way do I believe there are 1,000 PAID members. Individual members, not including spouses, kids, dogs, etc.
I have heard a MUCH lower number from someone I trust (who has been dead-on with many other "indsider" tidbits, but I will admit, I do not have first hand knowledge of any number. I'm sure a few people have gone with dual memberships, but almost every person I know has either chosen the other club, or no club at all. Given the past membership numbers here, and the membership numbers elsewhere (which are freely discussed), I just can't believe your number.
Saying that every state is represented means absolutely nothing. That could be 1 member in each state, which doesn't do a member any good when it comes to events.
IF the 1k number actually turns out to be very misrepresented, there will be some very unhappy people who used that provided information to renew, and then the hole will just get deeper.

I have no doubt that there are good people involved that are trying to do the right thing, but continually dodging questions, shifting blame and getting caught in outright lies by some others are not doing anything to renew the trust that has been shattered. EVERYTHING needs to brought into the open, books opened up (fully), all past transgressions fully disclosed, etc. One of two things will happen if this ever comes to be. It will be the end of the VCA, or it will begin the proper rebuilding of it. Otherwise downward spiraling trust will just lead to a slow, painful end.

I have remained objective in this, and while it may seem like bashing to some, all I am looking for is the truth. I have been "moderated" multiple times in the past and called a liar and troublemaker because I was asking questions and making statements that I knew were true, but that certain people did want to get out. It's kind of funny that what I was saying/asking about was the truth and those bashing me were the liars. That has not happened with the most current administration, but I bring it up only to show that labeling people seeking the truth as "wanabees" and "people with an agenda" does not usually end well when the truth actually comes out.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have provided real, truthful answers to your questions. Time to stop beating the horse and move on... I'm sorry you don't like the answers, but they are the answers. We also noted that you (and anyone else) have the opportunity to assist and mold the club however you like. Not sure what dwelling on stuff like the Marshall's, the printer decision, the raffle, again and again over and over gets us.Anyway, magazines HAVE shipped, if you don't have them, call/mail Angela and it will be sorted. Thread closed, if you want to start a new topic on something that maybe hasn't been answered, by all means, please go ahead.On a personal note, the attacks on Everts are sad. The guy and his wife pour 60+ hours a week into fixing this place, and these kind of topics are really sad. There is frankly no one else (including me) who does anywhere near as much for this club as them, and for absolutely zero money. I frankly don't know why he doesn't quit, I would have, but he knows no one else will do the job (again, including me). So I implore you guys, consider who you are attacking before you do it, we are human, we aren't paid, and if any one of you want our "jobs" by all means step up, we'd love to hand this off to someone else who will take it forward and continue the VCA legacy...Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4