Viper Dash removal help (entire dash)

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am about to remove my entire dash so it can be sent off for rewrapping. I searched the whole web and it seems no one has removed it yet and was wondering if anyone has. Is there any hidden screws or bolts i have to be aware of? any screws up near the windshield?

can you remove the dash without removing the magnesium dash housing?

this is the part i want to remove

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gen-3-Or-4-...&fits=Model:Viper&hash=item2c6cdd9dd0&vxp=mtr

any help would be very much appreciated. oh and ill take pictures and do a write up to help other owners :)

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have I can't remember how many bolts I think it's only 4 15 mm nuts that hold the magnesium beaker that holds the dash pad, it's not that hard to remove only took me 1 hour to remove and install new dash

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to take out the frame support that holds this pad unordered to reach screws by the winsheld

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be sure to remove the housing on the steering column first that goes around the light and wiper switches. It will make things much easier. If you want, I can send you the relevent pages of the viper repair manual in pdf form.

sly

ooo....... Just looked it up in the manual. Looks like a pretty extensive job. :omg:

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just looked at my service manual. do you really have to do all those steps including removing the brake sensor?

green viper,

remove steering wheel housing, remove center console, remove dash console, remove frame support, and final step is all the screws attaching the dash pad?

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No just unhook battery but you do have to do the rest of the steps don't worry about the brake sensor, it's not easy it's a very tight fit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950