How were the new magazines

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't seen any post regarding the magazines sent out. How were they?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all honestly the contents could have been combined into one Magazine.

There was not one regional report in either magazine, Many pages of adverts and past Venom members names.

There was a couple of nice articles on the Euro Viper meet in Italy and some great photos.

Nothing wrong with the printing.

Not knocking anything here, just being honest and answering your question.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the detailed article on insulation? I thought that was excellent.

Dirk Pitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering all that has happened in the past 6 months I think the folks responsible for putting out the magazines met expectations at a minimum. Yes, they could have been thicker, had more regional content, etc. but magazine hasn't been all that great for a few years and the last two issues are very comparable in some ways and even superior in some. I never understood why "Venom" members wanted to have any of their incremental membership $'s used to have their name printed in a magazine but that is what was promised so it had to be done.

I hope the future magazines contain a bit more relevant content (for me) but I realize that will depend on members providing material to the publisher.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point Dirk.

Considering all that has happened in the past 6 months I think the folks responsible for putting out the magazines met expectations at a minimum. Yes, they could have been thicker, had more regional content, etc. but magazine hasn't been all that great for a few years and the last two issues are very comparable in some ways and even superior in some. I never understood why "Venom" members wanted to have any of their incremental membership $'s used to have their name printed in a magazine but that is what was promised so it had to be done.

I hope the future magazines contain a bit more relevant content (for me) but I realize that will depend on members providing material to the publisher.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I'm pleased to have received the magazines :)

Yes Bob the article on insulation was good too :)

But I was not going to give a page by page account of every detail ;)

IndyRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Complete lack of material in regards to performance modifications. Nice quality and good pics, but really no useful information regarding those who like to learn about and upgrade the platform.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point Dirk.

I believe when the Venom membership was introduced, that getting your name in VM was just one of the Venom features. I believe this was a board decision. I assume most don't really care, or even want, their name listed. But there are the few who must have their name in the lights! A big waste of $$ when the whole concept of Venom was to help the club boost it's finances.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Magazines are very good, for me a little on the light side. The insulation article was good, but does anybody who buys a Viper adds insulation??:dunno: I am always looking for crap to rip out of the car, not add wight to it, but thats me. I think performance upgrades and service tips would be better to do in a Viper magazine. :usa:

LadyCruzer

VCA Officer
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Received ours the other day,Could have put the two together and made one, Usual size but the content was excellent as usual.

Supersnake, I'm glad to hear you got your magazines! Have you guys seen the VOI13 Save the date? Sept 25-28 ...TEXAS ! More to
come in a few days !

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To sums it up: the content of 1 magazine divided in 2. Was really funny to see, for a second time, the 2013 list of venom members....not enough 2014 members to complete a single page???? Let's see who will show up from SRT, if there is someone, at VOI13?

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't put too much stock in the mags. Just something to flip through while I'm eating breakfast or something. But my first opinion of it is it has too many vendor ads. We know who the vendors are when we log on to this site...which is often enough.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple answer. All members receive the magazines. Historically far fewer members use the Forums.

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spewing Venom again - eh? It seems to really bother you that the VCA is doing well and moving forward. Why is that? I suggest that you read this thread and edit your post accordingly.

Formal Announcement: VOI 13.640HP

No edit needed so far. I'll believe when I'll see it. SRT will send someone to a VCA event because they need to. In Daytona, the only way VCA members could talk to SRT people was at the track while VOA member where having lunch and dinner with them outside the track. Illinois made their winter party and all of SRT's top guns where there, Florida's VCA made theirs and SRT sent only one.....go on Bob, your like a blind man who don't want to see.....

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we have hard this many times...

The mags were completed at different times, but we THOUGHT (in hindsight, bad move) that mailing them together would work out ok. There was NO design to take 1 mag content and divide into to.

Let me say it more clearly. Mag 1 was completed more than a month before mag 2.

On the SRT comment. Let's discuss that.
We have a Steve Sharples, SRT Brand Manager, who is our primary contact (in addition to our Strong contacts at Chrysler and Mopar), who we intend to make an Advisory board member.

We have been also been asked to communicate directly with Ralph now (which is a change in position from Chrysler's earlier position, which we think is a positive sign), board members have been doing so on a personal basis prior to now, but now it's official, we love Ralph, he is the man, we see him and talk with him at every event, and love how accessible (and passionate) he is.

There is a reason we chose the time and the venue, specifically for SRT

The event is open to all Viper owners

So yes, let's see who shows, maybe not you, but they'll be there, as well as some great Vendors who have already signed up (with race cars), along with a LOT of crazy viper people...

Anyway, I had hoped it would take more than a day for a naysayer to try and rain on the VOI parade, but it is what it is, and I'm sorry you've drank the cool-aid on how Chrysler hates the VCA; it's simply not true, you have been mis-informed, and maybe more importantly, you should be as skeptical with that kind of information as your are of us; look at motives (Chrysler is a public company that wants to sell cars), and look at the motives at those who spew that kind of propaganda.

Then look at our motives. None of the VCA Board makes single dime around Vipers, Chrysler, or from the club (we aren't even reimbursed for our travel to VCA events). None of our friends, relatives, etc make a single dime from the club, or Chrysler. We have zero conflicts of interest. Our motives are to grow the club, improve the club, and help you (and us) to have a blast in our Vipers. We aren't perfect, and welcome constructive criticism, but blatant propaganda is kind of distasteful.

I particularly LOVE how your first post says "wonder who will come" then "well if they come its cause they have to", what's next "well they might come cause they have to, and have a good time, but they'll cry at night", come on, we can't win with some of you, I get it, but your agenda is showing.

Lastly, on the distasteful member number comment, we have as many members as other clubs, so are you insulting both clubs? The number is not ideal, it gets better every day, we aren't proud of the number cause it's a lot less than before, heck even our European member number would fill a whole page, can other clubs say that, even the State of Texas could fill a page, the other club can't say that, so maybe try another tactic. Please don't take this as patting ourselves on the back, we are as unsatisfied with our membership numbers as one would expect, but we can grow the number, by doing amazing things for ALL viper owners, or by trying to destroy the competition through propaganda, pettiness, and exclusion, you can see which tactic we are employing (Viper Vs Viper, VOI, a cool raffle coming up, 4 magazines in 5 months), which one are you?

For future reference, let's put the VOI comments in the many VOI threads, please (Was going to move the post, but you had both a mag comment and a VOI comment). We got the message on the mags, and appreciate the constructive feedback, guaranteed the next one has more content. Shoot reread this, sorry for the rant...

Greg

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very impressed with the way Nsane1 and the other VCA members handle haters:2tu: I still have a tough time understanding what is there agenda, am I missing something, are we not on the same team?? You can not even ask for constructive feedback with out hate mail. I know alot can be miss understood when reading just words on a post. As far as the Mags go, you can not please everyone all the time, I like performance, someone else likes insulation and so on, but the Mags are good, the club is good, screw the haters. Sorry I just had to clear my mind.:usa:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So basically you are saying that you do not believe Chrysler, SRT, Ralph, Steve Sharples, Dick Winkles and others. You seem to have a narrow view of reality based on the fact that you appear to be stuck in a static past which no longer exists.

Most of the rest of us live in a dynamic changing reality based on a continuing assessment of what exists now with the capacity to forgive and help the club. To hold the club accountable for the past acts of a few who are no longer involved is not reasonable and any sensible person knows that.

No edit needed so far. I'll believe when I'll see it. SRT will send someone to a VCA event because they need to. In Daytona, the only way VCA members could talk to SRT people was at the track while VOA member where having lunch and dinner with them outside the track. Illinois made their winter party and all of SRT's top guns where there, Florida's VCA made theirs and SRT sent only one.....go on Bob, your like a blind man who don't want to see.....

Last edited:

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is disappointing that the negativity persists. The bright side is that those like CV will not be present at VOI. As for Knuk's comment on venom membership and the "names in lights" comment ......I did it to support the club as did all the venom members. No ego was involved. Little money was involved. One could comment on the fact that another club sold the first 100 memberships for the exclusiveness.....and for thousands.

Bottom line is do you want the viper to succeed and why in the hell would you not want to be there? It has already been stated the the VOA does not plan to make money on the event. No brainier to be sure. Sorry if this was a rant Greg. Bob

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little trivia, I have every Viper magazine ever issued from day one. I keep them in a ceder closet :D told my wife one day could be worth big bucks.:D Lots of fun to look at the old stuff to the new stuff, everything has come a long way.:)

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have every Viper mag too, in my Viper mag holders. My (now ex) wife even went out and bought every single viper mag that was made before I joined the VCA, so I have all of them. So yes, we take them seriously, and yes this is why we work so hard for no money, we want more magazines! LOL

So question, the next mag has some racing stuff, some fix-it stuff, some club stuff, it's pretty stout, but we hear the request for "performance stuff" what would we like to see here? Tuner-related upgrades? A how-to change your air filter? We're open to suggestions, we're trying to close off this last one, so it probably won't make this one, but the next one...

Thanks!

Dirk Pitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg:

Personally, I like the "fix-it" stuff and the club related stuff. I realize there are many members out there with varying perspectives so you are not going to make everyone happy. The magazine is a very nice and important part of the membership experience. Like many others, I also have every magazine since the initial issue and they are all neatly tucked away with my other Viper memorabilia.

I am sure whatever those responsible for the magazine decide on for content will be just fine. Most people will be happy and a few will be disappointed.

Last edited:

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Dirk, fix it stuff is always good, I love the easy performance upgrades that you can do. I think people would love even simple maintenance tips, even showing how to grease the ball joints so you do not blow the boot. I remember one of the first upgrades I did was open up the air box and cut out the water diffuser , makes a big difference in air flow, I never drive in the rain, if I could wash the car with out water I would. of course I bought a new stock one, just in case. Anyway there is tons of easy fun stuff in fixing, upgrading and performance.:usa:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got both together a week or so. They are a tad thin but the quality was good. I can only imagine the one printed after VOI 13. That issue should be awesome.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper