Demo Day at Simeone Museum

G-ManGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wanted to share this amazing experience I had yesterday that hopefully some of you will appreciate. I volunteer at the Simeone Automotive Museum in Philadelphia, and each month on the 4th Saturday we do Demo Days where depending on the theme we bring out 4 to 5 race cars out of the collections to the back lot. The museum founder Dr. Frederick Simeone goes through his lecture and each car's significance in their time period, and then the museum curator Kevin fires them up and drives each car so the audience can see and hear them in action.

Yesterday's theme was "Big Block Monsters". Each car has a massive engine for its time period, and to give you an example, the first one is a 1912 National and has a 7.3 litre inline 4 cylinder. Long story short, after his lecture, Dr. Simenone asked me to bring out my Viper and rev it up so the crowd could here the difference between old and new. Needless to say she sounded awesome with the corsa exhaust, and the crowd was very pleased! It was a very humbling and flattering experience being amongst those cars that are worth millions that I won't ever forget;)

You must be registered for see images attach

Check out this original 1966 Ford GT MKIV with close to 600hp

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounded like a great experience and a special day.

Sometimes we forget that our Vipers are a significant addition to the heritage of the automobile. In a world of political correctness and sub compact eco cars, the Viper is a celebration of the freedom and spirit of automotive enthusiasm that is evidenced every time one of us pushes that red starter button.

Thanks for sharing.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a great facility. Been there a couple times, Zoomie tried to put an event together a couple times, it just never worked out. I would encourage anyone in the area to visit this museum.