What actual dyno gains did you get with Belanger headers and hi flow cats? Gen 4 only

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having Belanger headers and high flow cats along with his cat back mufflers installed this week on my 09 ACR. OEM PCM so far. For those owners of a Gen 4 that have done this exact set up what gains did you see on the dyno over stock in HP and torque? Thanks.

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: What actual dyno gains did you get with Belanger headers and hi flow cats? Gen 4

I cannot comment on the Headers/Cat-back alone, as I also did a Mopar PCM.

Dyno test was done on a Superflow AutoDyn, which from what I read should be putting out SAE corrected numbers and corrects for atmospheric conditions as well.

Results were:

Hot engine no cooldown. Humidity was 41 % and Temperature was 25 C (77 F).

Corrected numbers:

501 rwhp @ 6072 rpm
471 rwtq @ 5258 rpm

STP corrected Flywheel numbers:

609.8 HP @ 6072 rpm
571.2 TQ @ 5258 rpm
Here are the results from my setup.

Mods added since baseline are:

Full Belanger kit, hi flow cats.
Mopar PCM
New spark plugs (stock plug model)
AB Wires
Running 94 Octane

Results were:

Hot engine no cooldown. Humidity was 50 % and Temperature was 23 C (73 F).

Corrected numbers:

558 rwhp @ 5862 rpm
529 rwtq @ 5244 rpm

STP corrected Flywheel numbers:

675 HP @ 5862 rpm
639 TQ @ 5244 rpm

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: What actual dyno gains did you get with Belanger headers and hi flow cats? Gen 4

..34 RWHP about the same in TQ.
Enough you will feel it but the new awaken audio of the engine is just as impressive as the performance gains.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You need the PCM to get the full benefits of all the mods you did.:2tu:

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good info here and many thanks. Looks impressive. The problem with the Mopar PCM in Texas is it will not pass emissions and a pain to reinstall OEM PCM, drive miles and then pass the check. Then reinstall Mopar unit. Doing this every year seems to be too time consuming.

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Good info here and many thanks. Looks impressive. The problem with the Mopar PCM in Texas is it will not pass emissions and a pain to reinstall OEM PCM, drive miles and then pass the check. Then reinstall Mopar unit. Doing this every year seems to be too time consuming.

A buddy in Texas (Amarillo w/ no OBD smog testing) has two gen 4's with Belangers and Mopar PCM, I saw no gains of his over mine.
He had issues with the Mopar pcm, it also made his cars run quieter than mine.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

08 Viper coupe, full Belanger exhaust #3.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave