Tracking down member 'StoleIt'

dodgestang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long story short....I think I bought his old car. I sent him a PM but he does not appear to frequent here very often and I was hoping to learn more about things he did to the car when he owned it and perhaps some more details from when he had his little accident with it.

It is all fixed up now, but the guy I bought it from didn't know anything about the car....however the CCW wheels, the 18k miles, and the recent front end rebuild make me just about sure who's it was ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

I bought this car to enjoy and drive as much as possible as a nice weather commuter on my daily drive of 62 miles each way with a mix of twisty open country roads and two lane highway with little to no traffic for the first 45 miles of the drive followed by a little stop and go up route 202 outside of Philly.

StoleIt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, looking great! Yea haven't been on here recently since I am deployed but thanks is owed to Tony (Nineball) for shooting me a link.

I actually didn't do any mod's to the car, that was all done by the previous owner. I picked her up outside of LA and the dealership was friends with the previous owner and I believe he traded the Viper in on a Porsche.

Let me dig around my email/USAA and see if I still have the insurance quote. I know they valued the car at 40.5k so it obviously looked like more than 20k in damage.

I also have the original jack and spare in my garage, let me know if you want it. I took it out when I went to the track and never put it back in.

How much did you pick it up for?

OP
OP
D

dodgestang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to get the jack and spare...since it has none.

Picked it up for 32k.....and the guy before bought it at insurance auction for 24k (based on the receipt that was in the envelope he gave me). The shop he used to repair it fixed the panels (as opposed to buying a new hood) which kept the cost down.....there wasn't any structural damage (been over it with a fine tooth comb), he bought a new passenger side hood hinge, lights, etc, AC condenser and a there are couple bent fins on the radiator....other than that it was hood and front fascia repairs only. So either he lost money or the repairs didn't cost that much....he didn't say either way but since I bought it auction for exactly what his reserve was set at...I'll go with break even for him so I sleep better at night ;) The 'story' was he just bought a much newer model with similar damage so he decided to sell this one and keep the newer one.

PS stay safe out there.

Wow, looking great! Yea haven't been on here recently since I am deployed but thanks is owed to Tony (Nineball) for shooting me a link.

I actually didn't do any mod's to the car, that was all done by the previous owner. I picked her up outside of LA and the dealership was friends with the previous owner and I believe he traded the Viper in on a Porsche.

Let me dig around my email/USAA and see if I still have the insurance quote. I know they valued the car at 40.5k so it obviously looked like more than 20k in damage.

I also have the original jack and spare in my garage, let me know if you want it. I took it out when I went to the track and never put it back in.

How much did you pick it up for?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dodgestang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally shined the wheels and washed it up.

Looks better than when I bought it now!

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very nice looks good and so do the mustangs are they stangs or shelbys !!!!!!!