Can someone tell me how the front splitters are attached????

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like the title says...Can someone tell me how the front splitters are attached????

In my area most of the places have steeply angled entrances and drives. I am afraid that the front splitters
will be dragging on all of them and was wondering if they could be easily removed and re-installed.

The TA models have started to catch my attention...

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a rub strip on the front splitter that protects the carbon fiber from getting scraped. that rub strip is replaceable.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front splitters are 4 inches above the ground. The air deflectors attached just to the side of each front wheel well are 2.5 inches above the ground. You have to angle the car to go up the type of incline you are referring to and you need to be careful going down depending on whether there is a point where there is inadequate room for your front facsia to transition/rotate from the down angle to the flat angle without hitting it on the edge of the splitter. No big deal. You just have to be careful.

Last edited:

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to remove mine for sure, especially when the proper lowering springs come out. And once lowered, there's no way the splitter can stay w/o scraping everywhere. I already looked under the front bumper and there are a few screws that needed to be remove from underneath the car, but the problem is, I think there's one bolt that has to be removed from inside the front bumper as I see the end of the screw from underneath the car so that screw comes from inside the bumper. BUT the front bumper should be fairly easy to remove though.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bumper is very easy to remove. I can have mine off in about 20 minutes.

Splitters do not decrease ground clearance compared to other Gen 5 cars, they sort of shoot straight out from the bottom of the lowest point of the bumper.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know guys, I wouldn't remove it. The OEM unit is actually riveted into the bumper cover, I have the instructions. It's pretty much permanent. The screws underneath just remove the replaceable rub strips.

But as Nine Ball said, ground clearance is pretty good. No splitter in the middle, just near the tires. I don't think most would have too much of an issue with ground clearance, at least at stock height.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets