HELLO ALL

Big Miata

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just need to start off saying how awesome you guys are for gathering all the tooling for the old vipers over the years. I waited a year to join the VCA after I was invited at the Cars and Coffee of Irvine California.

My reasoning was simple, I didn't trust myself. I had gone through many cars til I found the right one. After a year of ownership of a red 2002 gts, I can honestly say it is the best car I have owned ever. It has so much character and I believe they talk to you.

Case and Point. I was taking a journey up Highway 1 from San Juan Capistrano all the way to Portland Oregon. This was my little vacation for myself for moving for work. There was an incident where a slower driver who I gave ample times to get over in the passing section before I gave him a flash of the headlights. He started to allow me to pass but then as I was aside him he started nudging over to my baby. So I quickly get through him but not without half of my right rear steping off a ridge on the road.

Suddenly she immediately swung to the left barreling towards a wall. I don't know if it was my experience racing high powered miatas or the car talking to me or God, but she told me to give her some gas but not too much and trust her.
I did and she hooked 6 inches from smashing into pieces in a wall of rock and dirt.

From that day she named herself Lucky and boy oh boy everytime I get in her do I feel that way.

The car is not scary to drive if you listed to her. I get why people are so afraid of the viper. Because most people aren't really driving when they are driving, they are just along for the ride.

I had a Z06 and it in no way compares to feeling one with the car.

I finally get what Queen was talking about actually being in "LOVE WITH MY CAR."
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
B

Big Miata

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dunno man I kinda think someone made me know that I had to gradually step up from cars that I wouldn't be ready til I was Ready. I had went throught the whole circle. Tracking a civic si to buying a turbo Miata. Then buying a boxster s because modified cars are a pita, to the z06 realizing that something was missing. I appreciate so much that I can own a car that I am happy with just headers and an exhaust. The only qualm I have are those lifters sometimes they need oil pressure to give you power, like if you were idleing at a stop light. But with only 12k miles it would be dumb for me to take those valve covers off with something that is cured with a throttle blip.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome and great picture. Almost looks like the trees are leaning away from your oncoming car.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lived in San Clemente from 1990-1993. USMC stationed at EL Toro. Bygone era. San Juan Capistrano is a pretty and historic place. Loved the Church there.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT STORY. :2tu: GREAT PASSION FOR A VIPER THAT WHAT WE ALL SHARE HERE ON THIS FORUM. WELCOME TO THE CLUB.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, all caps is BeTtEr than alternating I guess. Welcome to the forums, enjoy the beautiful car!

Your story reminds of the first month I got my 97, scared the crap out of me until I started doing NARRA events (then viper days), probably saved my life...