Custom gauges!

saxon_schmauderer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Morning Viper enthusiasts! I am trying to gauge interest on who wants a set of custom gauges. I spoke with Black Cat Customs and got pricing on a group order of custom gauge faces. I know at least some of you would like update the look of the viper. Custom faces paired with the LED upgrade would bring this car to look MUCH more modern. I have been working on a few different designs and I will post them when I am finished. Essentially the idea is to have the reverse of what the gauges currently are. The more modern look is to have a black background with illuminated white numbering.

They quoted me at $150.00 to $200.00 for the designing / processing of the set, and then the price per set could be anywhere to $90.00 to $150.00. I feel like that is a GREAT deal and a cheap upgrade to the Viper. They need a set of gauges to be sent to them though so they can develop the product. I will be willing to offer mine to be sent, but someone from here would have to drive to my house in Jacksonville, NC and grab / ship them. (I am currently in Afghanistan) I will pay for the shipping and I will do the bulk order if there is enough interest to order at least 5-10 of these.

They initially quoted me at 350$ to just get one set done, so lets do this as a group and pass the savings on to each other!

-Saxon

OP
OP
S

saxon_schmauderer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey HNG SNKE,

I saw your custom gauge thread awhile ago. It was the only custom gauge for a viper that I could find when I first started researching this. You did a great job, and if I can't build enough interested on purchasing a set, I might go the route you took and make some custom ones. Very proffessional looking, so props to you. However, this is for the Gen III/IV Viper, so It will be a whole different beast. I have not heard of anyone messing with the gauge faces on these things. I am hoping they are not like the Gen II and have a touchy Tach, but I would'nt be surprised. I guess we will see how things go. Thanks

-Saxon

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh crap, didn't see the gen 3/4 in the section. I'm not promoting to do the gauges like I did, just making you aware of a pretty major concern while doing them. I recommend buying a spare tach with scharf and trying to remove the needle and reinstall it to see if the same issue is there prior to buying a set of nice faces. Just a thought.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually talked to Black Cat Customs about doing the Gen 2's about a year and a half ago. They quoted me the same price for the custom design which is dirt cheap IMO. They said they already had the Gen 2 on file so I don't have to send them my gauges. I actually had them make me a custom gauge for my Dodge Ram just to test the water and see how good the quality is. I think anyone would be happy with their product and the end result is worth the money. I also upgraded my cluster to white leds and they made sure that everything was designed for leds with no weak lighting effects. Everything is crisp and clear. It really updated my truck.

I'm still planning on having them do my Gen 2, I'm just not that far a long yet. I'm not sure how many people are willing to open their gauges but I know some people will want to because they will let you design it ANY way YOU want it!

spartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had black cat faces in my 350z, and evo. was working on a set for my lotus, but just ended up doing a different cluster entirely. they do golod work, id be all in for this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32