Advice on replacement Tires.

CRASCH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need new tires and it appears that the OEM tires are discontinued. Are there any still around?

Any suggestions on replacements?

Thanks!

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what size we're looking at.

Regardless, the original Pilot Sports were replaced by the PS2's.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make your selection based on the type of driving you intend to do.

+1 ,
What type of roads do you drive on? Highway/Backroads/Track ?
and How do you drive on them? Cruise / Spirited / Aggressive ?

plenty of choices out there. check tirerack for selection

+1, Michelin, Nitto, Perelli each make a couple diff model tires compatible with Vipers.
www.viperpartsofamerica.com offers every selection specific to the Viper and will better anyone's prices.

I'm trying to figure out what size we're looking at.

Right?

What size tire? would be a good starting point for us to make a recommendation for you Crasch.
Year of the Viper and whether it has stock wheels or not could clue us in.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need new tires and it appears that the OEM tires are discontinued. Are there any still around?

Any suggestions on replacements?

Thanks!
Like others have said, take a look at Tire Rack's website. JonB at Partsrack represents them also, and can give you direct advice from his experience and your drivingf needs and I'm sure that he could tell you options for tire sizes that will fit your wheels. I haven't heard anyone yet give comments about the BF Goodrich Rivals for the Viper. I know that the tirerack guys wrote that they tested very good compared to some other very popular tires in the 17" size on lighter sports cars. Michelin PS2 or PSS are generally what is most recommended for the Viper as "the best;" however, people have different goals based on money, driving style.

Stuntman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pilot Super Sports are hard to beat for ride quality and especially on track performance. They are probably the best all-around tire and has been the tire of choice for the Tire Rack One Lap of America winners (and usually top 5 cars) since they came out a few years ago.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pilot Super Sports are hard to beat for ride quality and especially on track performance. They are probably the best all-around tire and has been the tire of choice for the Tire Rack One Lap of America winners (and usually top 5 cars) since they came out a few years ago.
Agree. If I was gonna do road trips, highway and street driving, I would rock the Super Sports. :2tu:

ViperRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure what size you're looking at but I can assure you only Michelin make 335/35/17's for my 93 RT/10.
If anyone else know of any other tire brand out there (summer/all season), please let me know.

CajunMojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't heard anyone yet give comments about the BF Goodrich Rivals for the Viper. I know that the tirerack guys wrote that they tested very good compared to some other very popular tires in the 17" size on lighter sports cars.

I like the Rivals. However I don't have anything to compare except the 10 year old tires my car came with. As you would expect, the difference is night and day. I have to actually try (a little) to spin the tires. They hook up great. They aren't noisy (which I have heard some people say about the KDW's). They don't seem to lack grip when cold. Hope this helps.

ViperRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid $1940 for a complete set of PS2's shipped all the way to Bahrain. They arrived at my doorstep in 4 days!
They were mounted today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave