Drivers side air vent/high pitched whistle?

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very first thing I noticed in my car was a mix of wind noise and this high pitched whistle from the leftmost discharge.

It seems to be in the vent/ductwork on the one to the left of the steering wheel. It doesn't really whistle much when stationary, but once roadspeed is 30+mph it really is annoying.

The wind noise is minor and seems typical of a frameless window. There, but not major.

If I switch the blower motor off, the high pitch discharge whistle stops.

That said, anyone know how to remove the vent assembly? Hoping it just pops out from the front so I can find the sharp edge causing the noise.

Thanks.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have very little wind noise. There is thread on the VOA about removal.
Very first thing I noticed in my car was a mix of wind noise and this high pitched whistle from the leftmost discharge. It seems to be in the vent/ductwork on the one to the left of the steering wheel. It doesn't really whistle much when stationary, but once roadspeed is 30+mph it really is annoying. The wind noise is minor and seems typical of a frameless window. There, but not major. If I switch the blower motor off, the high pitch discharge whistle stops. That said, anyone know how to remove the vent assembly? Hoping it just pops out from the front so I can find the sharp edge causing the noise. Thanks.

OP
OP
M

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. The actual wind noise is minor

The steady high pitch whistle from the vent is annoying.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala