Drivers side air vent/high pitched whistle?

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very first thing I noticed in my car was a mix of wind noise and this high pitched whistle from the leftmost discharge.

It seems to be in the vent/ductwork on the one to the left of the steering wheel. It doesn't really whistle much when stationary, but once roadspeed is 30+mph it really is annoying.

The wind noise is minor and seems typical of a frameless window. There, but not major.

If I switch the blower motor off, the high pitch discharge whistle stops.

That said, anyone know how to remove the vent assembly? Hoping it just pops out from the front so I can find the sharp edge causing the noise.

Thanks.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have very little wind noise. There is thread on the VOA about removal.
Very first thing I noticed in my car was a mix of wind noise and this high pitched whistle from the leftmost discharge. It seems to be in the vent/ductwork on the one to the left of the steering wheel. It doesn't really whistle much when stationary, but once roadspeed is 30+mph it really is annoying. The wind noise is minor and seems typical of a frameless window. There, but not major. If I switch the blower motor off, the high pitch discharge whistle stops. That said, anyone know how to remove the vent assembly? Hoping it just pops out from the front so I can find the sharp edge causing the noise. Thanks.

OP
OP
M

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. The actual wind noise is minor

The steady high pitch whistle from the vent is annoying.