VPA discount schedule.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I understand now, is that the membership discounts are being re-looked at. Some of the previous prices were making too little profits, and some making too much.

Believe the idea is to give larger discounts where the profit margins can allow, and maybe little or no discounts where the profits are already cut to the bone.

OP
OP
GRANGER73

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just checked VPA for some interior parts. Is anything discounted? Couldn't find any.

Reaction score
We are always watching VPA pricing. VPA strives on getting the best possible price to ALL Viper owners. We do offer some discounts, and will be adding and removing discounts on parts as they become available.
AS always, if you are looking for something , think it needs to be discounted, CALL VPA 888-984-7377 , We will see if it can be discounted across the board or on individual basis.

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was in need a couple oil filters for a gen 3, VPA was $2 cheaper than every where else I seen online but when I went to check out the shipping was rather high, I ended up getting the filters from a different site as they had free shipping. The website also stated a 10% discount was available but it did not work.

OP
OP
GRANGER73

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not offer it now? If current members hadn't stepped up and re-joined for 2014 it could have been a disasterous year.

Last edited:

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair point Granger, we discussed doing it now, and we felt that the existing member-only discounts/sales were sufficient. It sounds like you disagree, so I will take this post to the gang to see if we want to consider it as a "reward" for those who did join at a pretty iffy time.

Thanks for bringing it up...

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Granger-

You had a good point, we are going to do the deal for all the existing members, so thanks for the suggestion. We are working on the "how" as we had something cool to do with the new membership packets, so we need to execute right here. We need to work with Keith and get the solution, so stay tuned.

Cubican- We are working on a better deal (and have had good prices on tires with VPA for awhile, and so had JonB BTW). There have been mixed impressions by some with various tires, so we want to have some variety, without saying too much right now, again Keith is on the case.

Thanks again for the ideas.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
...I Was in need a couple oil filters for a gen 3. VPA was $2 cheaper than every where else I seen online, but when I went to check out the shipping was rather high. I ended up getting the filters from a different site as they had free shipping. The website also stated a 10% discount was available but it did not work.

I cannot believe what I am about to write HERE
.....especially because the filters might have been bought from me! But Ive been a straight-shooter for 21 yrs, so here goes:

Does LOYALTY mean NOTHING? Is it AWAYS and only the cheapest net price that earns your Viper business?

If "YES" Please consider:

Is the (free) advice / support on Viper Forums on a myriad of topics worth NOTHING just because its free ?
Does 'membership' only work ONE way..........not Two ways? [Insert "Ask-Not" JFK speech here]

You sir paid / risked $115 - $150 to BELONG to something. You hope its good, and you can help it be even better?

So even though the VC product price was the LOWEST, you blew off YOUR OWN club or it's sponsors for the puny difference in shipping ?

And you explored websites on your own VALUABLE time to lose the $2 VC discount, to net free shipping on a very small package?

THAT site had a 10% offer that they BROKE, and yet you supported THEM anyway, instead of YOUR OWN Club ?!!!?

-You need your local dealer to survive.
--You need your expert-advisor sponsor-vendors to survive.
---You need vendors to stock inventory for your quick access.
----You need / want your chosen CLUB to survive.
-----Your clubs need sponsors for those clubs to survive.
------Your own time spent in bypassing your "friendlies" in your club was worth....almost NOTHING?

Flushing all your loyalty down the toilet to save $5 net on free shipping astounds me, especially when speaking of a VIPER owner! Its not like a welfare mother who cannot afford gasoline, God bless her. Cheap Matters to her.

But that kind of thinking (or not thinking) will DOOM a club, and its sponsors. That kind of thinking will DOOM small businesses in your own neighborhood. (It already has). Please, think of this forum, and other Viper / Car forums, as your other small "Neighborhood."

Lastly: Even tho I don't agree with the philosophy of a non-profit social club competing directly with its own sponsor-vendors, I do share the concerns of Viper Small Businesses everywhere to receive SOME measure of owner loyalty, please?!

RANT OVER...........I GUESS I'VE JUST HAD TOO MANY FLEA-BITES, AFTER PROVIDING IN-DEPTH FREE ADVICE THAT ONLY HELPS EDUCATE OWNERS WHO THEN USE IT TO SHOP ON FLEA-BAY!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, I hear you and sometimes this board does amaze me. Got to be very discouraging to sometimes be the consultant then lose business for a minimal difference in price. Also get amped up when I read a post about how Tomball, Wooodhouse, Roanoke was asking a little more for their cars then the obscure dealer who sold for less after he tried unsuccessfully to sell above MSRP. These guys kept the factory open in '09 and '10 and took a huge financial risk to keep the factory moving, yet many feel that its price only

Always appreciate your help and support! Thanks for the pads and rotors! Mike

arizonajack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB, I understand your concern and sympathize but you recently quoted me $150 shipping on a $488 spoiler. I was able to order it elsewhere for $495 and $45 shipping. So, yeah, sometimes money IS more important than loyalty even though I do appreciate all you do for Viper owners. I agree that nickel and dime differences on small items is a bit ridiculous but $100 is $100 that I can spend on something else.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll pay extra when I need advice. I've never wanted anyone's advice, except for Dan Craigin. So just because you start offering up advice and wasting my precious time, doesn't mean I wanted it. I've listened to your dialogue in the past. You run a business, the advice you spew is part of your business model, the crying game you have about calling on Monday and so worth is a bunch of crap. If your so busy, why don't you hire someone. I've purchased many products from numerous VCA vendors over the years, never have I ever been treated rude by anyone except yourself. I'm not made of money, but I've always had a passion for building cars, so yes I have to shop around for price. I do however pay extra when I have a positive purchasing experience with a vendor. So it goes both ways.

YOU of all people, shouldn't be questioning someone else's loyalty to this club. Don't get me started...................

Last edited:

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loyalty is important, but I will also say we should be able to make it cost comparable. While $2 is not huge, I find myself doing this when shopping online, however, when it comes to Viper parts, I either use VPA or Jon for all my purchase, even if it's a little more.

I know it takes more time, but Keith will price match, we'd rather make a smaller margin and make you happy than lose the sale, when it comes to shipping though, VPA used to ship items at a loss, so we are a bit sensitive about shipping prices, but we could try better if you give Keith a shot.

Lastly, the advice given by Jon and Keith are unquantifiably valuable, yes they have an "agenda" but it betters the Viper community immeasurably, so we thank you guys for all you do.