Thread: Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dublin, CA
    Posts
    5

    Default Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

    Hello all...have been looking at Vipers for a very long time and couldn't decide on which Gen. When I came across a Venom Black SRT Viper at a local dealership, I knew I had to have it. Looking forward to many wonderful years with it and hoping to meet some owners in the area.

    Some pics...
    Attached Images

  2. #2
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sewell, NJ
    Posts
    1,661

    Default Re: Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

    congrats, awesome car.

  3. #3
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dublin, CA
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskgb View Post
    congrats, awesome car.
    Thanks...needed to fill the void in my garage when I lost a loved one...'91 NSX

  4. #4
    VCA Member
    Midsouth

    2001-V10 Power Nut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    942

    Default Re: Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

    That combo looks great
    2001 RT-10, 2008 SRT-10, 2013 GTS

  5. #5
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,411

    Default Re: Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

    Congrats! Great looking color combo.

    Tony

  6. #6
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dublin, CA
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

    Thanks for the comments, everyone...always loved black cars (though a pain to keep clean as I do quite a bit of detailing) and the silver stripes just made it irresistible. Silver would've been my second choice and then followed by white.

  7. #7
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

    It's like Double Soup Tuesday!!

    Great-looking car. You're gonna have yourself some fun!!!

  8. #8
    VCA Member
    Midsouth

    fuelman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida USA
    Posts
    635

    Default Re: Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

    Those wheels are a knockout, congrats...
    14 SRT Viper TA (#56 of 93)
    08 ACR Red / Black
    01 GTS Sapphire - Twin-Turbo
    09 Challenger SRT8 6 spd Supercharged
    13 300 SRT8 (biz car)
    05 Ram SRT10 LE #150
    12 Ram Mega 3500 Dullie
    68 Dodge Charger Resto Mod 5.7 Hemi

  9. #9
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,485

    Default Re: Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

    Love the wheels too. Beautiful car.

  10. #10
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    301

    Default Re: Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

    It must feel like a completely different animal then your 91 NSX. I have a supercharged 2000 NSX and looking to get into a gen V in the next 6 months-year. I have not driven one yet. Care to share some feedback?

  11. #11
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    40 acres & a mule...
    Posts
    578

    Default Re: Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

    Very nice!!!

  12. #12
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dublin, CA
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

    Completely different indeed...one's quiet and stealthy while the Viper is loud and screams for attention (must love the attention and getting your pic/video taken to own this car). Of all the cars I've purchased, never did I ever buy one without test-driving. Viper was the first and I'm glad the dealer was adamant because mine came with only 2 miles and was sitting in the showroom on an SRT mat (like what you see at a car show). I took a huge risk as I had no idea how the car drove...especially when you lay down a 6-figure check (only test-driven previous generation Vipers). I must say I was very pleasantly surprised as the car was much more comfortable to drive (especially on longer trips). The clutch was lighter, touch screen UI was friendlier and the euro styling interior and Sabelt leather seats were beyond what words can describe. However, the raw beast was still within waiting to be unleashed but it will require a great deal of focus and attention. Even with traction control enabled, you still need to focus and work to drive it fast. Furthermore, the steering response was just lightning quick and second to none.

    I also have a 2014 Nissan GT-R and I must say Godzilla makes me a much better driver (with the driving aids) and I'm not afraid to push it hard...typically without much effort. On the Viper, I enjoy the primal and manual operation as I need to stay sharp and focused to drive it fast.

    ...however, I must declare and defend that Godzilla is in no manner a boring car as a 0 to 60 launch in 2.8s is nothing short of an adrenaline rush...especially when you can run with the Ninja sports bikes

    To sum it up, I take the GT-R to work and have no problem sitting in bumper to bumper traffic (comfortable and relaxed with the DCT tranny). The Viper I take out on the weekends on open roads and blast through the silence.

    Hope to meet up with some of the local folks soon...plan to head to the next local cars and coffee at the Blackhawk car museum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    It must feel like a completely different animal then your 91 NSX. I have a supercharged 2000 NSX and looking to get into a gen V in the next 6 months-year. I have not driven one yet. Care to share some feedback?

  13. #13
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westfield, Indiana
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

    Love the color combo and.......oh well, WTF! The car is bad a$$

  14. #14
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    301

    Default Re: Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Venom View Post
    Completely different indeed...one's quiet and stealthy while the Viper is loud and screams for attention (must love the attention and getting your pic/video taken to own this car). Of all the cars I've purchased, never did I ever buy one without test-driving. Viper was the first and I'm glad the dealer was adamant because mine came with only 2 miles and was sitting in the showroom on an SRT mat (like what you see at a car show). I took a huge risk as I had no idea how the car drove...especially when you lay down a 6-figure check (only test-driven previous generation Vipers). I must say I was very pleasantly surprised as the car was much more comfortable to drive (especially on longer trips). The clutch was lighter, touch screen UI was friendlier and the euro styling interior and Sabelt leather seats were beyond what words can describe. However, the raw beast was still within waiting to be unleashed but it will require a great deal of focus and attention. Even with traction control enabled, you still need to focus and work to drive it fast. Furthermore, the steering response was just lightning quick and second to none.

    I also have a 2014 Nissan GT-R and I must say Godzilla makes me a much better driver (with the driving aids) and I'm not afraid to push it hard...typically without much effort. On the Viper, I enjoy the primal and manual operation as I need to stay sharp and focused to drive it fast.

    ...however, I must declare and defend that Godzilla is in no manner a boring car as a 0 to 60 launch in 2.8s is nothing short of an adrenaline rush...especially when you can run with the Ninja sports bikes

    To sum it up, I take the GT-R to work and have no problem sitting in bumper to bumper traffic (comfortable and relaxed with the DCT tranny). The Viper I take out on the weekends on open roads and blast through the silence.

    Hope to meet up with some of the local folks soon...plan to head to the next local cars and coffee at the Blackhawk car museum.
    Great feedback! I was debating getting a gtr as well. I am pretty set on the gen v as the car will only be a weekend warrior. I've driven 3 GTRs now and while they are awesome, the paddle shifts just don't do it for me. I think I still will end up getting one some day but my heart is on the gen v after the NSX

  15. #15
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dublin, CA
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

    Dual clutch trannys will never provide the same driving experience. I still own 2 manual cars and will continue to own manual cars (other being the Fiat Abarth - another daily commuter). Furthermore, I need to hear my engines (not into hybrids or electric vehicles). Even the new M5 was pushing it as the sound of the engine was enhanced through the speakers (pre-recorded).

    However, the DCTs do come in handy on those trips that you like to do less work or go through bumper to bumper traffic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Great feedback! I was debating getting a gtr as well. I am pretty set on the gen v as the car will only be a weekend warrior. I've driven 3 GTRs now and while they are awesome, the paddle shifts just don't do it for me. I think I still will end up getting one some day but my heart is on the gen v after the NSX

Similar Threads

  1. Venom Black GTS'S Inbound
    By Policy Limits in forum Generation V Discussions / SRT Coupe, GTS, GTC, ACR
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 10:01 AM
  2. Venom Polished with Hyper Black Painted Pockets vs Hyper Black
    By vipernut in forum Generation V Discussions / SRT Coupe, GTS, GTC, ACR
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-28-2012, 06:52 PM
  3. Venom Red and Black ACR pics
    By big-n-italian in forum SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 01:38 PM
  4. My Venom 650R Pics...finally finished all external mods...I think?
    By DEVILDOG in forum RT/10 and GTS Discussions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-27-2003, 04:39 PM
  5. Double Venom finally gets her nose job!
    By Double Venom in forum Archive Management
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-02-2001, 12:31 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts