Finally the day has come...SRT Viper Venom Black...

Black Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all...have been looking at Vipers for a very long time and couldn't decide on which Gen. When I came across a Venom Black SRT Viper at a local dealership, I knew I had to have it. Looking forward to many wonderful years with it and hoping to meet some owners in the area.

Some pics...

Attachments

• IMG_6250.jpg
    IMG_6250.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_6244.jpg
    IMG_6244.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 158
OP
OP
B

Black Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, everyone...always loved black cars (though a pain to keep clean as I do quite a bit of detailing) and the silver stripes just made it irresistible. Silver would've been my second choice and then followed by white.

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It must feel like a completely different animal then your 91 NSX. I have a supercharged 2000 NSX and looking to get into a gen V in the next 6 months-year. I have not driven one yet. Care to share some feedback?

OP
OP
B

Black Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Completely different indeed...one's quiet and stealthy while the Viper is loud and screams for attention (must love the attention and getting your pic/video taken to own this car). Of all the cars I've purchased, never did I ever buy one without test-driving. Viper was the first and I'm glad the dealer was adamant because mine came with only 2 miles and was sitting in the showroom on an SRT mat (like what you see at a car show). I took a huge risk as I had no idea how the car drove...especially when you lay down a 6-figure check (only test-driven previous generation Vipers). I must say I was very pleasantly surprised as the car was much more comfortable to drive (especially on longer trips). The clutch was lighter, touch screen UI was friendlier and the euro styling interior and Sabelt leather seats were beyond what words can describe. However, the raw beast was still within waiting to be unleashed but it will require a great deal of focus and attention. Even with traction control enabled, you still need to focus and work to drive it fast. Furthermore, the steering response was just lightning quick and second to none.

I also have a 2014 Nissan GT-R and I must say Godzilla makes me a much better driver (with the driving aids) and I'm not afraid to push it hard...typically without much effort. On the Viper, I enjoy the primal and manual operation as I need to stay sharp and focused to drive it fast.

...however, I must declare and defend that Godzilla is in no manner a boring car as a 0 to 60 launch in 2.8s is nothing short of an adrenaline rush...especially when you can run with the Ninja sports bikes :)

To sum it up, I take the GT-R to work and have no problem sitting in bumper to bumper traffic (comfortable and relaxed with the DCT tranny). The Viper I take out on the weekends on open roads and blast through the silence.

Hope to meet up with some of the local folks soon...plan to head to the next local cars and coffee at the Blackhawk car museum.

It must feel like a completely different animal then your 91 NSX. I have a supercharged 2000 NSX and looking to get into a gen V in the next 6 months-year. I have not driven one yet. Care to share some feedback?

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Completely different indeed...one's quiet and stealthy while the Viper is loud and screams for attention (must love the attention and getting your pic/video taken to own this car). Of all the cars I've purchased, never did I ever buy one without test-driving. Viper was the first and I'm glad the dealer was adamant because mine came with only 2 miles and was sitting in the showroom on an SRT mat (like what you see at a car show). I took a huge risk as I had no idea how the car drove...especially when you lay down a 6-figure check (only test-driven previous generation Vipers). I must say I was very pleasantly surprised as the car was much more comfortable to drive (especially on longer trips). The clutch was lighter, touch screen UI was friendlier and the euro styling interior and Sabelt leather seats were beyond what words can describe. However, the raw beast was still within waiting to be unleashed but it will require a great deal of focus and attention. Even with traction control enabled, you still need to focus and work to drive it fast. Furthermore, the steering response was just lightning quick and second to none.

I also have a 2014 Nissan GT-R and I must say Godzilla makes me a much better driver (with the driving aids) and I'm not afraid to push it hard...typically without much effort. On the Viper, I enjoy the primal and manual operation as I need to stay sharp and focused to drive it fast.

...however, I must declare and defend that Godzilla is in no manner a boring car as a 0 to 60 launch in 2.8s is nothing short of an adrenaline rush...especially when you can run with the Ninja sports bikes :)

To sum it up, I take the GT-R to work and have no problem sitting in bumper to bumper traffic (comfortable and relaxed with the DCT tranny). The Viper I take out on the weekends on open roads and blast through the silence.

Hope to meet up with some of the local folks soon...plan to head to the next local cars and coffee at the Blackhawk car museum.

Great feedback! I was debating getting a gtr as well. I am pretty set on the gen v as the car will only be a weekend warrior. I've driven 3 GTRs now and while they are awesome, the paddle shifts just don't do it for me. I think I still will end up getting one some day but my heart is on the gen v after the NSX :)

OP
OP
B

Black Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dual clutch trannys will never provide the same driving experience. I still own 2 manual cars and will continue to own manual cars (other being the Fiat Abarth - another daily commuter). Furthermore, I need to hear my engines (not into hybrids or electric vehicles). Even the new M5 was pushing it as the sound of the engine was enhanced through the speakers (pre-recorded).

However, the DCTs do come in handy on those trips that you like to do less work or go through bumper to bumper traffic.

Great feedback! I was debating getting a gtr as well. I am pretty set on the gen v as the car will only be a weekend warrior. I've driven 3 GTRs now and while they are awesome, the paddle shifts just don't do it for me. I think I still will end up getting one some day but my heart is on the gen v after the NSX :)