Defect in rear hatch 2013 with strip package

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefix has the capability of matching it perfectly if Dodge authorizes them to use that capability. I do not blame you for being upset. I would be too. We have a local body shop here that has extensive experience with carbon fiber and high end vehciles and is the only authorized McClaren repair center in South Florida. I have seen their work on Ferraris, Lambos, Aston Martins, McClarens, etc. It is possible to match if the shop has the skill sets. Prefix has the skill sets.

Just to be clear, I do not believe what you were told was true. There is no way an organization with the pride and skill of Prefix would botch a repair job like this. What usually occurs is that warranty work like this is authorized to be done locally either by the dealer if it has a body shop or by a body shop that has a special relationship with the dealer and is authoirized by the Zone rep. Do you actually know that it was shipped back to Prefix?

Last edited:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hatch that they have sent was not painted by the factory so now it does not exactly match the paint that is on the car. I am currently going through arbitration process for a manufacturer buy back of my car.

I have found five with the same defect all with the stripe package. And the factory
Can't paint the new hatch without it being on a car. The supplier keeps having ones painted and they don't match.

I personally don't understand why some are telling me to have the factory paint the hatch when they did according to the factory rep, not the dealer trying to fix it.

As far as the pictures if you are blind I will send them in brail next time for you folks.

So again thanks for all the negativity and stupidity. .

I think the first two quotes from your previous posts are what led to confusion about where and who is painting the replacement hatches.

I looked at the photos, and they are photos of a curved surface reflecting the unfinished drywall taping of your garage walls and ceiling, I think. It is very NOT apparent what the defect is. I AM NOT BLIND . I AM NOT STUPID. I am looking a a low resolution zoomed in photo of a mirror look surface.

If you treat your fellow Viper enthusiasts who commiserate with your issue like this, I can just imagine how you treat others.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, now very confused. Did pre-fix paint the new hatch sent to you or not? I ask because your very first quote said: "The hatch that they have sent was not painted by the factory so now it does not exactly match the paint that is on the car."

IF prefix did send you a new hatch, then I get your complaints. If they did not, (and you need to confirm), then that is the solution you need to demand.

Also, you might want to lose the attitude a bit. People are truly trying to help you and you keep throwing out how much you paid, etc. Those responding also own the same car and do care, but read your own posts and you will quickly realize you have not clearly confirmed the primary question.

Guys I did not start this thread to be bashed or told stupid answers. I only posted as I have seen five cars with this defect maybe there are more and those of us who bought a 140000 car can either get it fixed or have a refund.
I personally don't understand why some are telling me to have the factory paint the hatch when they did according to the factory rep, not the dealer trying to fix it. It showed up with scathes buffer marks and you could see strands of the carbon fiber showing through the clear coat.
As far as the pictures if you are blind I will send them in brail next time for you folks.

I find it funny that the factory places a sticker on the drivers window claiming how many inspections these car went through before leaving the factory..lol yeah right.

And as for a class action suit, that is my claim as it has been almost two months with no results.

And maybe some of you guys would accept a panel painted on your 140000 car but I for one am not one. If I have an accident, ok, but a brand new car with now 700 miles on it, no thanks, I bought this car as a left over and any newly painted hatch or any panel for that fact will not match 100%.

So again thanks for all the negativity and stupidity. When it's your car do what you wish, but this one is mine and I want damn answers fro. The factory.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like they sent him an unpainted replacement hatch, and the dealership painted it like crap.

I would only accept a Prefix painted hatch, with Prefix painted stripes. That is where all the body panels and stripes are painted. And no, they aren't painted "on the car", the panels are all painted on fixtures and then shipped to the factory to be assembled.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what you get when you target a higher educated buyer. An owner with some bite to hold the company accountable for quality. Good Luck on your effort.