ViperExchange Would Like Your Help

Tomball Dodge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy From Ben and Bernie at ViperExchange. We are working on trackside/tech videos and would like to work with the forum members, true Viper enthusiasts and fans of not just racing but of our Vipers as a whole. We would like your input. Please use this post to help us learn more about what you would like to see or hear about. Specifically, what would like to see on these videos?

- Race Related -
- New Viper Related -
- Performance Modifications-
- Anything from tech questions to drama in the racing series or dealership.

Thank you for your help. If you would like to not air on open forum you can email me [email protected]

Thank you!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure that you guys already help those that want to do some short cuts instead of their
own R & D. Kudos for the Help it that is kinda of what you are offering.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A video on initial prep/check pointing out proper fluid levels; tire pressure; pad thickness; tire wear, etc. would be useful. For instance, the radiator coolant fluid overflow reservoir level has to be lowered but it is an easy thing to forget. Then a followup video on what to do and check on after each track day 20-25 minute session would be good. It should include such things as how to park the car - parking brake or just leave it in gear until rotors and pads cool down; leave windows open; fluid level checks; use of temp gauge to determine rotor temp; tire pressure check, etc. Then, maybe a video on symptoms of common track day gremlins that can occur and what to do about them.

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bernie / Ben:

First, thank you for all you do in support of Dodge, the Viper, and all Viper owners.

I agree with everything that Bobpantax mentioned, as well as perhaps doing a segment on how to set up the ACR's KW suspension and tires for specific track use (as well as general track prep for any Viper).

In addition, a segment on Ben's experience on racing with the big boys and the new challenges that come with it compared with his experience in the Viper Cup series.

Thanks again :2tu:

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Effects of changes in alignment for track use.
Pros and cons for different settings, cornering vs braking/accereration.
Large highspeed tracks vs smaller tight corner tracks, what is optimum for each.
Tire wear characteristics and compromises for different settings.
Wheel bearing load concerns with aggressive camber settings.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post guys and as always ANYTHING race related or how about this? On line forum technical questions with Morgan on the other end, sort of like we have done with Dodge and their engineers in the past. Since Morgan IMO is the best Viper tech out there, it would resolve a lot of questions owners might have about mods they might be considering or technical issues plus gain more awareness about Tomball's superb service.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How to change pads & rotors for track days.
How to remove the hub/bearing assembly (front and back)
What to do in case of a seized lug nut.
Pre-run tire pressures and what kind of change to look for immediately after.

natsfan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ben and Bernie, finally got the 2008 ACR you sold me out on the road for a drive and loved it. I can't wait to spend more time behind the wheel and eventually get it to the track.

I would be interested in anything race/track related, especially topics and info for newbies getting into the sport. Info about how to tune, set up, and maintain the car would be great. I agree with "TrackDay" about wanting to learn how to setup and properly adjust the KW suspension for different conditions.

Looking forward to seeing what you put together.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4