Homecoming Tragedy

vetteklr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope everyone had a good time at homecoming. Seeing the plant and the vert were saddeing for me, but I had to voice my concern about the two biggest issues with teh event. a) Marices' incessant ramb;ling that this was a voa event. I changed from the VOA raffle to the free version, yet maurice took credit twwice to me perosonally on how this was a VOA event. Talk about ego, and annoying. If VOI is this poliitical, you can stick it.

More troubling is the defacement of the Viper Cafe. For those of you who don't know, Muarice spearheaded a campaign to show the history of the viper and the VCA that supportted it for history. Most of us contributed to it, VCA member clubs. individuals, etc. He deserves a lot of credit . However, he has since gone back and elminated all mention of the VCA, and those contributing clubs. And actually the VOA, which contribnnuted ZERO to the cafe, is actually prominently mentioned.

Sure, Maurice has to have his ode to maurice, he has to be jesus, lamb of viper, but to alter history, to suit his needs, despite what WE all paid for, is the height of a god complex. There were parts of this exhibit that were dear to all of us, and this was altered to suit his ego.

Overall it was an event that could have been awesome, but made small by a small number of ego-maniacs that thing they are more important than the viper, and ultmately, are likely to be a cause of its demise.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, I cannot get the poster of the the Viper Cafe on the VOA website to post as a PDF. Anyway, I thought we were done with politics but it appears Marice has not.....I cannot believe SRT, Dodge, and Dodge Marketing did this. They want to sell cars......just go ahead and (pardon the expression) piss off the viper owners of the VCA.....another way to lose customers. I am irate at this. One more thing....no convertible.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to the VOA Events and the post on Pictures of VOA / Detroit / scan down to pictures of the Viper Cafe

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of what I saw, the poster gives the history of the vca and the voa and cites that there are two national clubs. Maybe I missed something, but it seemed pretty fair

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if I am being judgemental but there is the definite suggestion that the VCA is past tense. I respect and acknowledge there are two clubs. However, the politics remain. No one has to prove anything.....but if there is no convertible and most likely no ACR ( still have hope because it is still a coupe).....how long is this final generation last?

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the VCA should stop continuing to threaten to sue everyone then, including very recently SRT, (hey got me a SRT event refund but another nail in the coffin for the car) then Dodge and SRT would be more open to everyone.Really wish everyone would wake up already. One day the truth will come out but unfortunately the car will be gone. Dodge is fed up with having a full time lawyer on staff just for the Viper and this crap! Yes I was on Detroit, still am, but it was very apparent from Dodge in private discussions!!!!

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's pretty clear which club has the bigger egos, the bigger whiners, and the bigger chip on the shoulder. Vettklr got a big dose of B.S. and recognized it right off the bat. Others will too.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the VCA should stop continuing to threaten to sue everyone then, including very recently SRT, (hey got me a SRT event refund but another nail in the coffin for the car) then Dodge and SRT would be more open to everyone.Really wish everyone would wake up already. One day the truth will come out but unfortunately the car will be gone. Dodge is fed up with having a full time lawyer on staff just for the Viper and this crap! Yes I was on Detroit, still am, but it was very apparent from Dodge in private discussions!!!!

VCA threatened to sue SRT? That is news to me. Clearly you are misinformed or misunderstood what was being communicated. The VCA board has never had any discussion to sue SRT. That is simply a ludicrous accusation. Why in the world would we sue the company who builds the car that brought us all here in the first place? What in the world could we possibly sue them over? Finally, why in the world would we sue the organization that we are built to support and in return supports us? Who do you think supplied the car for the Viper vs Viper Challenge?

Last week quite a few VCA members attended a VOA event and we all had a great time. There were no politics, no animosity. A few weeks back, some VOA members attended on of our events, again, no politics, no animosity. Really felt as if a lot of members from both regions were moving forward. Then I read this thread and your comments and realize some still have a long way to go.

I saw your post and initially wasn't even going to respond to it, but as you made some accusations against the VCA, specifically that we threatened to sue SRT/Dodge, I had to respond in fear that someone besides yourself would believe your post.

I do agree with you that the truth will come out some day, (and I don't believe I even know the real truth) I hope the Viper is still around for a long time to come.

There are a lot of us on both sides of the fence so to speak that wish for a re-unification of the clubs. I hope I get to see that happen some day.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait wait wait. There is NO discussion of lawsuits. On the contrary, which club do you think has been providing false information to federal and state agencies related to the VCA, as recently as last week (where we have emails from various agencies pointing at activities of the club, while others were in power, with data provided by those same others)? You want to talk about a full time lawyer? What do you think we have to pay now to stop the onslaught from the VOA and their activities (in our defense, not as a plaintiff) for activities while those same individuals were in power.

Rather than sling innuendo Colo, perhaps we talk about facts. No one here at the VCA would ever sue a member, former member, or the manufacturer. That's plain insane, our egos are NOT that big. We did discuss the activities of the questionable taking of member lists, monies, etc., but that's 10+ months old water under the bridge (and directed at a small number of people, NOT SRT, and certainly not members). There's at least 3-4 actionable claims we could have made, but chose not to for the good of the community. We could tell these agencies we are "working" with about the goings-on at the VOA, but again, we have a "high-road" policy (to which I am breaking, admittedly, but this deserves a detailed response).

So just to be clear, I'm an officer of a company, I do some really poor documentation at the company, then I leave to another company, do the same shoddy things, then I call certain state and federal agencies on my former company about the shoddy work, so my old company pays crazy amounts of money and time to fix my mistakes.

THEN I start rumors saying the guys who took over for me are crooks, and saying they are suing everyone?! Really, do you guys see a pattern here? We shouldn't have to spell this out!

Colo, I'm sorry you feel that way, but whoever you were speaking with in Detroit was giving you misinformation, and I think people should question activities, actions, and patterns rather than listen to the propaganda of a select few.

You can flame me now, if you wish, It's crappy I had to say this, but to attempt to alter history, spew propaganda at what should have been a non-denominational viper event, and now saying we are somehow in the wrong and suing the manufacturer just puts me at wits end.

And to the OP, VOI will not be a propaganda event, we will be too busy hauling ass at the track than to sell the VCA, like us, or don't, but don't blindly spread the propaganda you are fed.

I agree with John, a split club with a near death experience of the car (I know MANY members who are leaving Vipers altogether), is NOT the right answer, but when you have one club doing all that's mentioned here, how is re-unification possible? I know the VCA board would do what's right in preserving our history, assets, and the car (including resigning, tomorrow), I don't think you can say the same thing over there, with the very recent history of slash and burn policies towards the VCA.

Fangs10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's no wonder I do NOT participate in events. I defiantly don't want to pay to be disappointed in all this BS he said/she said crap. VCA, VOA...next year neither will get money from me I'll just enjoy driving my car an leave the drama to the adults.

I am glad at ONE point I did all the same plant tours for NO extra charge just a few cans of food to donate.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

The VCA has never discussed the possibility of suing SRT, Dodge or any Chrysler entity, period.....and in fact to date, has not sued anyone over anything nor have we threatened to sue any one, and I would know.

We sent info out to all VCA members on several occasions letting members know of this Dodge / SRT even because we thought it would be interesting for most. Sad that some folks like Coloviper still stir the *** with misinformation.

vettklr and all;

No politics at VOI 13 COTA, just a bunch of driving, socializing and having fun with other Viper owners at a great track and a great hotel, among other venues.

Go the the website for more info: www.voi13.com

Dan

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe I'll be heading to VOI....just in case there needs to be some regulating.

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I respectfully request that post number 7 and any post that responded to it be deleted. It is abundantly clear from a review of the recent posts of the originator of post number 7 that his mission is to stir up trouble and nothing more. He must be laughing his a** off reading the responses since he accomplished his mission. So, if you agree, delete his post and all the related posts including this one.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not laughing at all! Just feel the low blows are too low period for any club. Delete if you like, it is your club but discussions were interesting this weekend and not just club member politics. It was a very nice event and to degrade Maurice or anyone else working in the best of our brand Viper, like the event this past weekend, is ludicrous.

Nothing more to say. I am not in a he said/she said.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, you can rejoice, as this is my last official post here with this club and these forums, I too am tired of hate and things I have seen. I was a very proud member of this club for many years hoping to rejoin if things came around. It is not for me anymore. I am just going to drive my car and try to enjoy life! Please feel free to delete my account.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
This has gone way off topic, again *** stirring. My question, post #2, Is If the Viper Café was built and funded by the VCA (even If It was Maurice spearheading it and who was in the VCA at the time,) then why is another club listed there? Did the VOA sponsor money at the time o
f construction, which I believe was 2011? I think the way to sum this up is; If an officer of a company built and funded something for his company, then left and went to another company, would It be ok for him to go back later and add his new company's name to It? That just doesn't sit right with me.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, you can rejoice, as this is my last official post here with this club and these forums, I too am tired of hate and things I have seen. I was a very proud member of this club for many years hoping to rejoin if things came around. It is not for me anymore. I am just going to drive my car and try to enjoy life! Please feel free to delete my account.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yhQql-ZbZmg

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can remove my posts if you want. Disgusted is a better term then being "irate". Commentary about that sign has already gone back to Chrysler. Obviously, it was written by Marice. A club is not about one individual but a group of individuals coming together....for us the passion of a great and unique sports car.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think anyone who would rejoice over turning members off, turning people away from buying the coolest american car ever made, and stirring up crap just for the sake of destruction and mayhem should have their head examined. Colo, no "official" at the VCA rejoices in any of this, we didn't start this, and we certainly don't spread false rumors (or even true ones) for the sake of damaging others. I challenge you to see if anyone at the VCA (currently) has ever disparaged anyone, at the manufacturer, or even the VOA (save some VERY early emails 10 months ago). I don't think they can say that, but everyone has their own perspective I guess.

We condemn anyone that speaks ill of the car, or the car company, and we certainly don't rejoice in the many that have been turned off by all this.

Free, yes, please keep us honest, This crap started to disgust me exactly 10 months ago, and it still happens for some reason, and we don't want to fall into the trap

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4