Putting together gen 3 seats

Friggin' R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone ever put the gen 3 seats together? I bought a set to put in my truck but I can't find the mounting holes on the seat bottom for the recliner bracket. Also I am not sure if there is a certain process or order I need to follow to put them together correctly. Any help is appreciated

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Had mine out of my car several times, but never tried pulling the tracks off of them, so not really sure how they're set up off the top of my head. I've had to add tracks to gen 1 seats before in my 67 Dart project, but those seats are about as basic as you can get. If you're adapting them to the stock truck tracks or custom/generic tracks then you'll probably need to do it a little different than stock to begin with.

OP
OP
F

Friggin' R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not taking the rails off, that's the easy part. Im talking about the recliner bracket that attaches the seat bottom to the seat back, got pics of how that goes together? I can't find the holes on the seat bottom but I found the two threaded hole in the seat back

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Oh, I see what you mean. Should have read closer. That might be a little tough since I think they hide down in some fabric pockets to conceal them.

OP
OP
F

Friggin' R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently I am missing a bracket that goes on the bottom of the seat and the rails mount to it. The seat bottom and bottom recliner bolts go here too. Can any one verify this? If so does anyone have a set?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235