Prefix Acquires Arrow Racing Engines

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From Prefix's Facebook page: "Proud to announce that Prefix has officially acquired Arrow Racing Engines. The synergies will make us stronger than ever ... Watch Out!"

From Prefix's Medusa page:
[h=2]"Prefix Performance is the latest venture by the Prefix family of companies; created with the intent of bringing world class niche vehicles to market – the type of vehicle you clamor for but doesn’t exist – until now. We’re just getting started, so check back frequently to find out what we’re working on next. Until then, meet Medusa …[/h]Note the reference to additional niche vehicles. Arrow was rumored months ago( strong rumor) to be working on a supercharger application for the Gen V ( I also heard the project was never completed). We also know Arrow already produced an offroad controller for the Gen V whose release has been delayed for months. I believe the delay was/ is due to some intellectual property and liability issues that needed to be sorted out.

We know that Prefix has the ability to produce more aggressive aero parts.

It seems logical that the next two niche vehicles after the Medusa will be an ACR variant and a Dragpack variant with a supercharger. If they also produce a turn key supercharger kit, that would be welcome.

But, it is also logical that if Prefix is going to produce these two niche vehicles, Dodge is not going to produce them. I assume they ar capable business people who would not invest the money to acquire Arrow unless they were pretty sure they would not be one upped by Dodge with respect to their niche products.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Interesting, it does seem like Dodge is perhaps taking the "body in white" approach to satisfy customers desires some. It's hard as an OEM to meet some customer requests with all the legislation out there today. Sounds like some people will be getting some truly unique and impressive cars in the future.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in the day you could get "Coach builders" to build virtually anything your heart desired. Maybe we are seeing a return of sorts. Great for the 1%ers of the world who can afford the extra $50k without a second thought.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch for new corp. built around Prefix, with new CEO Ralph Gilles.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Reminds me some of the concept car people like MetalCrafters that have been used in the past. Maybe I can get Prefix to make me an ME412, lol. Don't think I'd be able to pay them enough for their services though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper