Good Results with GG Cam

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We just tuned a 2006 SRT Coupe with a GG cam. Our goal going in was to put together a cost effective street package that would pass tailpipe emissions in Ca and make good power. Our target was 530rwhp. Being that this was a street project on a bugdet, we stuck with the stock heads and valves, a good performance pocket portvalve job, GG springs, seats and retainers. We used Greg's Stg 2 cam and our low bleed performance lifters. We milled the heads for a 10.27CR and centerlined the cam for best cylinder pressure. We installed headers, the production cats, ACRX side exhaust, a BBK throttle body and Mopar Performance air filters.
We added our dual disc clutch, short throw shifter, 3.55 gear and Wavetrac LSD to complement the package.
More than happy with the results, dam near 600rwhp. We never saw that before unless we ran the big valve heads and used the better pistons that gave zero deck.
Thanks to Chris Jensen our tuner and Greg Good for all the help.

You must be registered for see images attach

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stuff like this makes me not so bummed out to have a gen III.

At least it's a platform that can be modded and improved on.
.....capable of power levels of the newer cars, without having to add boost to get there.

mitchdob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw (and heard) the car and it is just outrageous. Dan.... Blxir is going to blown away when he picks up the car.

People know but gotta say it again: The Viper World is really blessed to have Dan Cragin. Besides being one of the nicest people I've ever met... after spending most of a day at SPT I realized (first hand) that there aren't any more talented / knowledgeable people in the world building/working on Vipers. Me, and especially my car are damn lucky to have access to him (in So Cal).....

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
When you say headers and production cats, do you mean both pairs of cats or just one (primary/secondary)? And do you mean factory headers or some aftermarket set? Never heard of an aftermarket set that would use the factory cats. Curious as I've thought about headers several times, but not sure I want my car too much louder right now (neighbors might not appreciate it at 6:00 in the morning when I leave for work).

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ballpark figure for the cost of this package? How much do you think the milled heads added?(to the power)

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice work Dan, those are great numbers for OEM castings. Awesome job as usual.

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan, with the stock 3.07's do you think it would have hit 600?

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The whole package is about 11k, that includes head work, valve springs and retainers, pushrods, cam, timing gears, lifters, gaskets, manifold work, throttlebody, headers, side exhaust and tuning.
The heads have to be milled to get the compression correct for the cam.

Dan

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole package is about 11k, that includes head work, valve springs and retainers, pushrods, cam, timing gears, lifters, gaskets, manifold work, throttlebody, headers, side exhaust and tuning.
The heads have to be milled to get the compression correct for the cam.

Not much more than just quoted for a new roof on the house; but, would be a lot more fun !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235