Got any posters lying around you want to get rid of?

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to put up a couple of 24x36" posters up in the garage. I currently have the red Gen5 in a barn poster and looking for a different one to put next to it. Prefer either Gen 2 or Gen 5's, stock or racecars.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anytime I want something like that I just get my local print shop to do it...and laminate it.

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But it is pretty hard to find high quakity viper pictures. I've tried before a d they get pretty crappy once you blow them up much bigger than a 8x10...or maybe it's just me
Anytime I want something like that I just get my local print shop to do it...and laminate it.

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhhhh.... something I can help you all with....

Top quality prints will be between 240 and 300 dpi to get sharp images when viewed from 2 to 3 feet away. If you are looking at the poster/print from more than 6 to 8 feet, 150 dpi will do it. Pretty much any digital photo will have to be scaled up to get to a poster print. To get a good quality *********** from a digital photo you're looking to start with an 18 to 20 megapixel image. Shots above 30 megapixels enlarge easier. More important than the size of the image (within reason) is how sharp a photo is. In short, good sharp photos are best. If it is even a bit out of focus, the *********** will make it worse.

Bottom line 18 megapixel minimum, good sharp photo. You want a photo from an SLR as opposed to a point and shoot camera. I won't get into a huge explanation, but suffices to say that a 24 megapixel pocket camera will NEVER equal the quality of a 24 megapixel SLR. The main issue is the physical size of the sensor. A camera phone would be even worse.

If you want top tier prints.... a 24x36 image would be a 77 megapixel image. It's not difficult to get there.... you just have to start with a good photo...

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah.... forgot to mention... f you all find good shots... I'd love them too.

I have the ability to make the prints. Perhaps... I might be willing to "work something out"

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow... pretty cool on those files... Some of those have Chrysler as the creator of the file.

The resolutions are OK... but most are less than 6 to 8 megapixel. Let's see what I can do with the larger files... I'll let you all know.....

Thanks for posting up about the shots!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth